11 | 𝔘𝔭 𝔦𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔞𝔦𝔯 𝐼𝐼

THE teacher's loud rough voice was becoming more background noise than her primary focus. It was fading away once she spaced out on her friends' discussion over the homework placed on the table. She was too busy convincing herself Liberty and Lucas were acting funny, moreso Liberty.

Usually, there was an open door for comfortable conversation, shy and innocent smiling here and there, the kind of smile that would make your cheeks hurt.

Earlier the vibes were off. The connection evaporated; they acted like total strangers. It was dry, no excitement between either of them. What confused her more was Liberty avoiding him like she wasn't just cheesing in his face a few days ago. Lucas was hesitant to acknowledge the obvious, the way Liberty was acting standoffish made everyone feel weird.

Her small hand lightly placed itself on the paper and slid it off to the side to sit herself on the edge of the chair with her arms crossed over the table. Amber orbs switched between Nicholas and Devon listening into the conversation like a little kid poking their nose in their business to then question, "Y'all saw the way they were acting right? Like, I'm not making it up, right?"

She had a deep feeling that maybe her idea didn't go as planned. Maybe had she left them to discuss whatever was on their minds maybe things would have been easier for the both of them. Now, looking at the outcome, she was considering maybe it was too much of a stretch, a little too drastic on her part. Although, had she known Lucas was going to confess his feelings for her, she wouldn't have trapped them in a room under such intimate circumstances.

Completely confused, Devon and Nicholas slowly glance at Marisol unintentionally squinting at them as if she was trying to solve a difficult puzzle. "Like I can't be the only one who noticed." Aside from Devon, Nicholas wasn't really concerned about the situation, only because it wasn't any of his business to care what happens between them, that's their problem. In a fair sense, he feels like he shouldn't get involved in any way, but knowing Marisol, she will shove the situation down his throat till something could be figured out.

And so, Nicholas sighs, "I don't think it was like that." He leans back into the chair man-spreading comfortably as he crosses his arms over his chest revealing the outline of his muscles from underneath the long sleeve shirt. His head shakes in denial, "Liberty can be shy and awkward at times but naturally she's an introverted person at heart."

"You think the game overwhelmed her?" Devon asked.

"That couldn't have been the case."

"But think about it, Marisol, that was her first kiss and on top of that he admitted his feelings to her, maybe she was taken back by it all."

"Wait what?" Nicholas' eyes widened.

"Maybe. . ." Marisol groans rubbing her face and looks at Nicholas, " Before they kissed, Liberty admitted Lucas had asked her out on date."