17

"Can't you come into the hot springs with me?" Aomine whined as Kiana tied her hair up into a bun. "Sure. I really want to go bathe with all of our team and Seirin too." Kiana laughed when Aomine's expression turned sour at the thought. He muttered about how much he hated everyone under his breath as he watched Kiana laugh and make her way to the female section. She sighed as she dipped into the warm water and kept to herself when Riko and Momoi began arguing.

Her mind travelled elsewhere. Her and Aomine haven't had any issues ever since their big argument but it scared her deep down. She knew when it came to Aomine and basketball his emotions were unpredictable. It was the only thing in his life that could change his entire demeanour in a second. But she didn't want him to stop playing. It was his love for the sport that made him hate it so much.

"Did you talk to Kuroko-kun?" Kiana asked. "Yeah, I told him that when we verse he's screwed." Aomine sighed as they sat on bench outside next to a street lamp. It was quiet. A cool breeze blew by and sent shivers down Kiana's spine as she stared at the bright crescent moon dotted by thousands of stars. "It's pretty." Aomine muttered as he followed her line of vision and stared at the night sky himself. "Yeah." Kiana leaned her head on his shoulder and they sat in silence for a bit before Aomine broke her silence.

"I think i'm falling for you." Aomine mumbled softly as Kiana stiffened. She was surprised. She was always worried that she liked him more than he did her and she was scared of getting hurt. It had only been a few months but Kiana knew that she felt the same. She was in love. But she could never bring herself to admit that.

She didn't know what it was about him that made her feel that way. From the outside he was intimidating, cold and strong, and yet around her he was sweet and goofy. A typical tsundere situation. But that's what made her fall for him.

"I don't expect you to say it back to me right now but I love you Kiana." Her heart pounded just as fast as his. Nobody had ever told her that they loved her. Those words were foreign to her, even from her parents.

Aomine stared at anything his eyes could look at. Anything except the girl in his arms. He didn't want to see her reaction. He was too nervous.

Kiana felt a deep feeling in the pit of her stomach. Butterflies tingled as he embraced her side and pressed his lips to her temple.

"I-" "Don't say anything. Let's just stay like this." Aomine wanted to hide his blushing face but to Kiana, it was as if he read her thoughts. She was extremely happy and she knew she felt the same, but something in herself was stopping her from saying the 3 forbidden words. She was scared. He was the first person to ever make her feel this way but it was something she struggled to physically admit. And he knew. He knew he had hurt her before and he was willing to wait until she was ready.

Kiana closed her eyes as he rubbed at her shoulder.

The next few weeks flew by in a blink of an eye. And when the Winter Cup finally came around, the entire team were confident in their abilities. Aomine mostly played street-ball or played with Kiana rather than attending training. He didn't go to trainings after the camp saying a week of training was already more than enough for him to win and Kiana would never forced him to go but would still help the team out here and there as their second manager.

And it was finally game day.

"I forget how big this place is." Kiana mumbled as the team entered the stadium. "I want to get this over and done with already." Aomine groaned and slumped on a bench as the team continued making their way to the change rooms. Kiana knew that deep down he was super excited and barely slept the night before. "Come on they're going to leave us behind."

"I don't care. I just want to destroy Tetsu and that red-haired freak already. Oh and pretty boy Kise. And that lazy ass Murasaki-" Aomine paused when he saw the frown plastered on Kiana's face. She didn't like when he would talk badly of his former team mates. He sighed. "I know you hate when I talk like that. Sorry." He grabbed both of her cheeks and leaned down and gave her a peck on the lips softly which resulted in her furrowing her brows at him. "Stop trying to make me fall in love with you even more." Silence.

Kiana gasped and her face immediately turned red when Aomine's jaw dropped to his lap. "W-what did you just say?" Aomine asked and in a fit of embarrassment, Kiana immediately pushed her giantic boyfriend as hard as he could off the bench so much so that his back slammed against the vending machine next to him. Kiana, usually cool and collected, was now running at full speed away as a stunned Aomine watched her figure leave with bulging eyes.

A familiar red head watched the entire interaction. That is, a red head with heterochomic eyes. He analysed a blushing Aomine and his eyes too followed the girl running away. Akashi smirked to himself.

Kiana ran to the bathroom and splashed her face with cool water to try and reduce the heat radiating on her cheeks. She thought the first time she would drop the 'l' word would be romantic like when he did. And yet, her confession was so unromantic, that it caught her more off guard than it did him.

She stared at her flushed reflection, brushed out her hair slightly with her fingers before sighing as she exited the bathroom. However, Kiana raised a brow when she saw a certain red head leaning on the wall outside the bathroom who stared at her intensely. She recognised him from the pictures and stories Aomine had told her, Akashi Seijuro.

"So you're the girl Aomine-kun's dating." Kiana stayed silent and nodded, unsure how to respond to Akashi's intense aura. "Akashi Seijuro." He offered his hand to her  and she shook it. "Kiana Le."

But Kiana gasped when instead of letting go, he held onto her hand and pulled her in, his face inches away from her as he never broke eye contact with her blue eyes.

"You have such kind eyes. Is that what makes you so special?" Kiana, confused by the close proximity of their faces, collected her composure from shock and pushed herself away from the captain who seemed to be caught off guard by her touching him.

"Wish I could say the same for you." She stopped herself from giggling as his tiger eyes widen by a fraction. "That's quite the tongue you have. I can see why now." Akashi stated as Kiana looked at him with a funny expression.

"See why what now?" She asked confused about what he was talking about. "I see why you make Aomine weak." Kiana's mouth widen slightly.

I make him weak?

Akashi laughed at her reaction as if he was reading her thoughts. "Love or whatever you want to call it. Isn't it cute?" Before Kiana could respond his demeanour changed immediately as he pushed her against the wall. "You know what's not cute? People who are weak." She watched him closely as he his earlier soft smile turned to a threatening glare.

"I hate Aomine and his ego. But I hate a weak Aomine even more. I want to crush him at his best and you're in the way." Akashi threatened, venom seeped from his tone as if he was barring his fangs at Kiana. But instead of cowering in fear like how Akashi expected, she suprised him by smiling at him.

"I thought you were smart but you're just as stupid as Daiki." His brows furrowed in discontent.

"Weak? As if. Watch him play and you'll see what I mean." Kiana smiled before pushing herself away from the captain. Akashi watched her strut away as a billion thoughts ran through his head.

Kiana's random interaction with Akashi made her completely forget about what had happened with Aomine. When she entered the change room, she smiled at him sheepishly as he returned it with his signature smirk. He looked away and stared at the lockers in front of him as his expression shifted into completely stoic and serious, and Kiana knew exactly what was happening. He was getting in the zone.

She nodded as she saw the determined look in his eyes and decided to go look for Momoi instead rather than bother him. Kiana learnt that he was the type who needed to be alone before important events to gather himself. But he was ready.

It was time for him to verse Seirin.