Chapter 5

"Is he dead?" Niall asks as I look down at Harry's hopefully sleeping body. "Of course not!" I defend and swat at Niall's arm. Liam softly kicks him and Harry sits up, running a hand through his messy hair.

"I need to talk to him, alone." I cross my arms and Zayn smirks and Lou wishes me luck. When they leave, Harry looks towards me. "Look, Kadie if this is about me sleeping in here--"

"It's not, it's about why you didn't come back until Six in the dang morning." I say, sitting up and walking to my mirror. I brush through my blonde locks, waiting for his answer. "Oh, you were awake." He says and nervously scratches the back of his neck.

"I waited all night for you, Harry." My voice lowers, scared of his reaction. He looks at me, regret in is eyes. "I left food out for you, constantly warming it up, in hopes of you wanting to come back and eat something." I add. He looks down, as if ashamed.

I let out a sigh.  I step out meeting the other lads in the kitchen, they made their own breakfast.

One lesss lonely chore.

 "Hey Kadie, Perrie Edwards Christmas Bash is tonight, Zayn said we can tag along, please please can we go?!" Hailey begs.

"I don't want to intrude--"

"You guys won't, Perrie loves meeting new people." Zayn says. "As long as she's okay with it, why not?" I say and Hailey smiles. Hailey might be older then me but we are best friends, we go everywhere together. Harry comes into the kitchen.

"So, what did you guys make for breakfast?" I ask. "Pancakes! And Liam is eating oatmeal with a fork." Hailey says. She doesn't know about his phobia of spoons.

"He doesn't like spoons." I take a quick sip from my coffee, it burns my lip but I keep quiet.

"Okay....anyway, I can't wait to see Perrie, Eleanor, Danielle, Sophia, oh my goodness I need to find something to wear! Maybe Eleanor will give me some fashion tips, since you know, she's a star." Hailey squeaks. I smile at her direction but I don't look over at Harry.

"So what are you wearing, Kadie?" Liam asks. I glance over at his direction and smile. "Maybe just a formal dress." I shrug and take another sip of my coffee.

"Pretty sure it'll look great." Liam compliments and I smile.  "Let's go pick out our outfits!" Hailey says and practically drags me to my room. "This? No. This? No..." She continues as she holds up dresses and shakes her head, throwing them onto the floor.

"This? YES!" She says and shows me a silver dress that my sister, Tori, gave me. "Okay..." I say and she shows me her picked out outfit. A red dress.

"Pretty." I compliment and there's a knock at the door, I glance at it. Harry. I gulp and Hailey looks towards me, as if she's searching my face.

"I'll go." Hailey says and leaves. "What do you want?" I say and sit down on the floor. He sits across from me. "I'm sorry, about the kiss--Nadine---and coming here so late." He says.

"Your sorry about the kiss?" I ask.

He nods. "Yeah, it was a stupid kiss. I'm so dumb. I have a girlfriend and can't mess around with a 15 year old." My heart sinks. He regrets it, and he called me out for my age. I gulp to hold back hurt tears.

"I've got to go." I stand up quickly, my voice cracks at the end. He stands up, realization hits him and he walks after me. "I'm sorry." Is all I hear before I slam my house door.

~Later that night~

I go though the drunken crowd. I bump into someone. Perrie. "Hi, so nice to meet you, I'm Kadie--" I say.

"Kadie Samuels? The boys told me about you. You look wonderful! Such a pleasure to meet you." She hugs me and I am taken aback by her kind behavior. She's not caring about a 15 year old at a Bash, like Harry. "Have you met Hailey?" I ask and she nods.

"I'll show you to the boys." She grabs my wrist and helps me through the crowd. I see Harry laughing with Kendall Jenner. Great.

"Hey guys!" Perrie says and Harry's head looks towards us and he see's us. He tries to escape Kendall, but she won't stop talking to him.

I look at the rest of the boys, Louis's seat is open. I sit next to him and he smiles at me. "Liking the party?" I ask over the music. I like it so far and I hope the boys do.

"It's wonderful, I'm glad we had something fun to do." He answers and I nod. "Want to go dance?" He asks and I nod. He takes me to the middle of the dance floor and the song changes to Sia.

I dance with him until he leans in, before I know it, our lips meet.