14. MUSCLE MEMORIES

Start from the beginning

Amused Steve had to grin about this, and then he snorted. He thought it was kind of cute that there was so much she still had no idea about. It reminded him a little of himself when he got out of the ice in 2011 and had to get used to a lot of things again. But then a small smile appeared on his face, he was totally unaware of that though. "I don't want you to hurt yourself." He said and asked for her hands.

Carefully he tied the tape around her warm hands and felt a slight tingling sensation at her touch. Meanwhile she felt a little insecure, while he was holding her hands. She hated her scales, and that they were often visible after she got out of the water. But Steve didn't mind at all, it only made her even more special, he thought.

He then looked up from her hands again and suddenly met her gaze, which had already been lying on top of him the whole time. And for a moment, he could have sworn, it felt like he was once again lost in the blue of her ocean eyes...

Steve took a small breath and nervously looked away from her. Stay focused, he told himself. But something stopped him. "Well, let's go." He started nervously, clapping his hand on the boxing bag. Siren then made her way over to the heavy punching bag and started to punch it with all of her strength.

After Steve had gained an insight he tried to help her a little and swapped places with her briefly to show her a better posture. "Your posture is still a bit uncertain, that prevents you from using all your strength for a punch or kick." He explained and showed her how she had hit before. Then he got into a better fighting stance and hit the punching bag correctly.

"Like this?" Siren asked, trying to copy his stance. In fact, it now felt even more and more controlled when she punched the leather. "Almost, wait." He said, before he then stood behind her and carefully grabbed her waist and stomach and turned her a few degrees. His warm hand pressed against her stomach and suddenly she was the one who felt a tingling sensation.

Slowly she looked over her shoulder and was only a few centimeters away from the captain's face. Nervously, he took his hands off of her and instead took her arms as he stood next to her. He lifted them to the level of her face, as if blocking a punch. "Okay, try it now."

She did what he had told her and hit the punching bag with a much stronger impact. He smiled, knowing she could also feel the difference and how strong she truly was. And then his smile didn't appear, once she noticed her own. She was proud of herself and noticed that thanks to his advice it worked a lot better.

After a while they eventually took a short break and sat down together for a while

After a while they eventually took a short break and sat down together for a while. But as soon as the break was over, however, it went on again immediately. "Okay then, show me what Natasha has already taught you." Steve started and got up from the bench.

He ran to the middle of the training room, where there were several mats, followed by Siren. "Defense." she explained as briefly as possible, trying not to feel the pain in her throat. Natasha, as well as Steve, thought it was clearly more important that she should learn how to block punches, rather than punch.