I frowned, pointing my finger in her direction. "You're just angry because the last person you tried to ask out rejected you."

That made her gape, looking at me like I betrayed her in ten different ways. "Sophia!"

"Aw, Alex what happened?" Ayesha asked from beside her, looking like she was just as upset for her as Alex was.

She only sighed, shaking her head dejectedly. "It turned out astronomy girl was not out of this world."

That pulled a laugh out of me as I walked over to her and held her close, placing a kiss at the top of her head.

"If you wanna make me feel better, Sophia, choose going to the spa."

"Alright," I nodded, looking at Ayesha. She had her phone out now, her face visibly upset as she texted someone back in furious ways. When she was done, she flipped her phone over and looked up at me, forcing a smile.

"Yes, okay. Spa it is!"

"Aw man!" Someone said from the door, and turning around I noticed it was Zayn...holding logs?

"Zayn, why do you have an abundance of wood?" Dean asked, standing up.

He set it down beside a grouchy Brandon, confusion filtering his gaze. "Are we...not building a campfire?"

At that Brandon rubbed a hand over his face, sighing out loud as Vanessa stood up, looking more happy right now than she did minutes ago. She hopped over to them making Alyan look up, a longing in his eyes as he realised that he must have been the one for her soppy mood.

"Zayn..." Vanessa said, trying to hold in her laughter. "We're in a cabin, not a tent. We have a fireplace here and central heating."

"I told him we didn't need any fucking logs!"

"Hey!" Zayn said, turning to look at him with a frown. "You're my best friend! You're supposed to have my back in these things, even if I'm wrong."

"Even if carrying these logs made me get splinters?"

He nodded, serious. "Even if you got stabbed twelve times."

Brandon shook his head at that, stepping away with his arms raised in surrender. "I love the fuck out of you, Zayn. But in no way am I getting stabbed twelve times because you decided trekking in the woods at night to find slenderman was going to make us rich."

"I thought you'd take a bullet for me?'

"The fuck do I look like? Bruno Mars?"

"That was a grenade." Zayn corrected, and a phone rang out making me take my eyes off of their banter and towards Ayesha who had her phone flipped back around, looking distressed as she stood up and walked away, answering the call.

"Gee Mama?" She said, her voice getting distant the more she walked away from the group to go to her room. "Ab kya hai?" My urdu may have been a little rusty, partly because I rarely spoke it at home after my mom died but it was easy enough to translate: yes mama? What is it now?

I felt Dean come up behind me, playing with the ends of my hair as he followed my line of sight to a disappearing Ayesha walking up the stairs, the sound of her closing her door with a little more force extenuating her frustrations with her mother.

"Hey," I said softly, glancing at him. "Do you know what's going on with Ayesha?"

He shook his head, now looking worried seeing my concern to which I quickly tried to diminish, not wanting him to assume something that may have been a small feud with her mom.

"It's probably nothing." I tried to reassure, though I wasn't that convinced because of the way she spoke with her mom. Almost as if she was bracing herself to be content with whatever her mom was telling her.