"We'll come." Bucky says quickly and I see Nat breathe a laugh, "I thought as much."

We head towards the main entrance, I wave to my father and Pepper and they tell us all to have fun.

I guess it's funny how they're okay with me going out with these three but not alone.

You were literally just brought home after being kidnapped.

It makes sense I suppose.

Nat links my arm with hers as we walk in front of the boys and giggles in a whisper, "I told Jack to meet us at that club on second!"

"What? When?" "When you were saying bye to Peter."

I laugh, truthfully I'd love for Peter to be able to come out with us, if only this were England he'd be plenty old enough now.

"You knew Bucky wouldn't let us go alone didn't you?"

Nat does that wicked grin that means trouble, "of course!"

All of us climb in the back of one of the many town cars waiting at the compound to take home guests. I'm glad we've all already drank, and no one can be the designated driver.

Nat gives directions and all four of us climb into the back seats, Steve climbs in beside Nat, their backs to the driver, and so I end up beside Bucky.

It's close enough that I can smell his cologne, the banana conditioner of mine he must've used in the shower this morning, I realise I'm staring at him and mentally scold myself and turn my attention to Steve who is looking out the window.

Nat catches me, of course and licks her lips, trying her best not to laugh at me. I bite my own lip and pull a face. The silence in this car is defeating.

"Are you two gonna enjoy being out or just sit like wallflowers the entire night?"

Bucky looks at me and narrows his eyes, "what's a wallflower?"

My heart beats a little faster, if there's one thing I love about him, it's these questions he asks when he doesn't know what you're talking about, the way his face, especially his eyes always soften, how he's so ridiculously curious and wants to learn.

I can't help but smile at him, not sarcastic, not patronizing, a sincere smile, it's involuntary, and he seems to faintly smile back.

"It's someone who sits at the sidelines at a party and doesn't get included."

Bucky nods, as if he's taking a mental note.

"What's wrong with being a wallflower?" He asks just as we pull up outside a club.

I look out the window and then back at Bucky, "I'll show you!"

Nat and Steve get out first, instantly recognised, instantly cheered by waiting crowds, and instantly let in the club with Bucky and I behind them.

I grab his hand, totally unthinking and shout for our friends to grab out drinks as I pull him into the crowds of people dancing.

"What are you doing?" He shouts over the music, we get caught between a few guys and I feel his grip on my hand tighten, looking back at our hands and then at him I try not to acknowledge the stern look he's giving any man that looks in my direction.

"I'm showing you why you don't want to be a wallflower!" I yell back over the heavy base of tue song and stop and face him amongst the crowds.

Bucky looks at me with a slightly confused smile and gestures his confusion, "now what?" He laughs and it makes me forget every minute of the party, every second I spent away from him before, the fact we aren't together anymore..