"I am serious, pretty girl,"

She tsked before she pulled them out and passed them to her. He picked them up and she took a long glance at his ringed fingers, remembering how they felt around her neck the night before.

Clearing her throat softly, she folded her hands in her lap. He paged through the swatches, looking at them intently.

"This is for the kitchen, yes?"

She nodded quickly. She looked around his office, noticing the new paintings on the wall and the white curtains that were newly added. His laptop sat opened infront of him and an array of papers lay infront of him too, and she wondered if she maybe came at the wrong time.

But her thoughts were dismissed once he looked up at her again, "This one," He said, passing the swatch back to her. She looked at his decision and pulled her bottom lip between her teeth, pushing it out before she spoke, "That's my least favourite one,"

"Well, pick the one you like,"

"I want your opinion though,"

"Anything you want, doll."

She sighed, taking the small papers from his extended hand. She looked through them as she did often, and then she stood and rounded the desk. She stood next to him, extending a swatch towards him.

"How do we feel about lilac?"

"Lilac for a kitchen?"

"Or the blue?"

"The blue is fine, honey," She smiled, "Blue it is then," She stuffed them back into her bag and leaned down, pressing a goodbye kiss to his temple. He smiled at her, reaching out for her.

"You have an interview," James narrowed his eyes, "Come here," He ordered. She obeyed instantly, taking a step to him. He stood up slowly, towering over her. His hand came up to her, putting his palm on her cheek and successfully setting her entire body alight.

"Is that my shirt?"

"Yes," She breathed, her heart thudding in her chest. He nodded slowly, his eyes running laps across her face. "I love you, doll,"

"So much it hurts," She shot back softly, her eyes making sure he knew that she meant it. He grinned, leaning down and pressing a kiss to her lips.

"I'll see you out,"

"No, I'm all right, James. You have someone waiting for you,"

He sighed, "Tell me no again and I'm opening that door and fucking you infront of said someone,"

"James—"

He stepped passed her, ignoring her sounds of protest. He opened the door and held it, allowing her to walk first. They passed by Lawrence, "I'll be with you in a moment," James said as he passed him, and the seated man nodded quickly.

James kept a strong hand on the small of her back, and didn't let go till they stood infront of the door of his building.

He pushed a lock behind her ear, "Tell me when you get home," He said, "Don't forget, or I'll deal with you," He warned after. His stern eyes melted into hers, telling her he was being serious. She nodded, and he kissed her forehead before he opened the door, watching as she walked out.

He longed to touch her the second she left, and he had to remind himself to be kind to everyone in his office. It was extremely hard for him though, especially with the look of disgust Adelaide had on her face.