𝑭𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒉 𝑰𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

Start from the beginning

"Now I'm going to teach you how to give him indications, okay?" - I said and he nodded. - "You take the reins with both of your hands at the same distance." - I said, Letting go of Theodore's leash and handing it to Harry. - "If you want to stop, just pull the reins and he'll stop. If you want to go faster, which I don't recommend right now, just whip on it, and to make a turn you tug the rein to the direction you want to go. It's quite simple, you just need to be confident." - I said and smiled.

I looked up and met Harry's frightened eyes looking back at me.

"Wait, you're going to leave me alone?"

"If I had another horse I would do it by your side as you're practicing, but since I don't, I'll watch you from here."

"But…"

"But what?"

"I thought you were going to get up here with me."

"Oh." - I froze. - "I mean, I can… if you're comfortable with it."

"I'm not going to do this on my own." - He said with fear in his voice.

"Okay, yeah I'll ride with you. Move a little forward so I can sit behind you, please."

Harry sighed in relief and moved to the front of the saddle, leaving me some space behind him.

I stroked on Theodore's side one last time, steadying him, before impulsing myself and sitting right behind Harry.
I doubted what to do next.

"What now?" - Harry asked.

"I'm thinking." - I said.

The truth is that when I taught my sisters they always wanted to do it on their own so I only needed to supervise them from a distance and make sure they wouldn't fall, but they were never as scared as Harry was right now.

Besides, they were my family. Harry is just a guy I met recently, I don't even know if he is comfortable around me.

I took a deep breath before nodding to myself.

"Okay, this is what we're going to do."

I softly surrounded Harry's body with my arms and placed my hands next to Harry's on the reins.
I leaned my head closer and above Harry's right shoulder, my front slightly pressing against Harry's back.

And this was definitely the most physical contact we've had since I met him.

Harry was kinda tense and his eyes hadn't moved from where our hands were grabbing the reins.

"I need to do this in order to see what you're doing, yeah?" - I said softly, being aware of how close my mouth was to his ear.

"Yeah." - He whispered back.

"Okay, Theodore is not going to move until we give him the indication to. To do it you need to hit softly with your heel on his side." - I said and Harry nodded. - "Whenever you're ready."

I heard Harry sighed and felt his body distended against mine.

You'd better not lead me to death, Louis.

I let a soft giggle out and he tilted his head to look at me above his shoulder.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Sure." - He rolled his eyes and turned again, looking at our hands once more. - "I think I'm ready."

"Good. You got this." - I said, as I tried to reassure him.

Harry nodded and let his heel hit the side of Theodore, making my horse start trotting at a normal speed along the beach.

I noticed how Harry's legs tensed and began to dig his heels onto my horse's stomach.