19

"Why won't she pick up my call?" I asked myself while walking through the streets of Seoul.

I let out a sigh while looking at my phone. I called Yeji 5 times in a row, but she never answered one of them. I started to panic a little bit. 'Did something happen to her?' I wondered. I clicked my tongue and I placed my phone in my pocket.

I faced forward and I tightly held the bag of tteokbokki and Yeji's favourite hazelnut ice cream on my right hand. I looked around the road as I stopped walking.

I decided to get a taxi and go to the hospital that Yeji was sent to before. I thought that something happened to Yeji and she was probably taken to the hospital. My paranoid self kept on thinking about Yeji getting hit by a car or something that made my heart beat rapidly. To calm myself, I placed my hand on my chest as I inhaled and slowly exhaled.

On my left side, there were so many people who looked tired and kept on yawning while waiting for a taxi. On my right side, there was a huge crowd gathering.

I was a little confused. The blue and red siren of a police car and an ambulance painted almost the entire road with its light and colors. There was a crime scene that is meters away from me. All of the people present are taking pictures while their other hand is on their mouth. Their gestures made me assume that they saw something horrible or inhumane.

Even though I was a little disturbed just by looking at the terrified look on their faces, I got a little curious.

I inhaled and exhaled sharply. "Yeji, you're probably in the hospital right now. I'm sorry, but something caught my eyes." I said to myself. Without hesitation, I walked towards the crime scene.

As I was slowly walking, the wind got stronger. There were police officers and a group of medics walking around the crime scene with a frustrated look on their faces.

The 6 ft tall police officer gently shoved away the huge crowd that they gathered. "Move away please." He had a deep voice and he was shaking a little bit.

'I wonder what happened?' I thought to myself while I was carefully placing my steps on the pavement. The group of people moved away while holding their phones. They all looked like they were on the verge of vomiting.

Speaking of throwing up, I looked at my right side and there was a girl wearing a school uniform who is vomiting so much while her friends are patting her back.

I was a little disgusted watching the student vomit that I wasn't paying attention on what I was walking to.

I suddenly bumped on a police officer that made me snap out of my thoughts. I took a few steps backwards and I held my head as I looked at the man in front of me. He was sweating and he had a frightened expression on his face.

The man fixed his hat and looked at me in the eyes. "Kid, you don't wanna see this. Go home." He said.

I straightened my back and I placed both of my hands behind my back. "I'm really curious. Can I take a peek?" I politely asked.

The man crossed his arms and furrowed his eyebrows at me. "Please. Just go." He begged. The man's anxious-like tone made me even more curious.

My stubborn personality started kicking in. I dashed towards the police officer and shoved him away. I opened my eyes widely to take a look at the crime scene that made almost everyone vomit.

"What the hell?!" The man yelled and grabbed my arm.

I saw a girl lying down on the ground. Besides her, there was a bleeding man. The man was wearing a black outfit and he was getting checked by the medic. The girl, on the other hand, has a knife buried on her chest. She was wearing a dress. Her dress was torn apart and her face was bleeding. It was truly a gruesome sight. The girl had red hair and she looked very familiar that made me wonder.