18

"Yuna!" I called my sister while walking around in circles in my room.

I have a date with Yeji, but I don't know what to wear. I wanted to wear something good because I thought that this is the perfect time to confess to Yeji.

I looked around my room and it was a giant mess. All of my clothes are scattered around and there are papers everywhere because I kept on practicing how to properly confess to Yeji.

I wanted to kneel down in front of her and tell her my true feelings, but I thought that it looks like I'm proposing. I wanted to put my arm around her and wipe the tteokbokki sauce on her cheek or mouth. It was hard to think of something romantic because I am not an expert when it comes to this kind of thing.

I wanted to tell her my true feelings. I wasn't afraid of getting rejected. I wanted to take Yeji to an amusement park after our tteokbokki date. 'Should I kiss her?' I thought to myself.

"What is it?" Yuna asked that made me snap out of my thoughts.

I looked behind me and I smiled at my sister. "Yuna, can you help me pick an outfit for my date?" I asked with a smile.

Yuna walked through the open door. She placed her hands behind her back while her eyes are wandering around my messy room. "Unnie, your room looks like shit." She scoffed.

I furrowed my eyebrows and my eyes widened at what she said. I walked towards Yuna and I hit her on the head with my clenched fist.

Yuna held her head while pouting. "What?"

"Did you just cuss at me?" I glared at her. "Do you want me to beat you up or something?"

Yuna weakly chuckled while holding her head. She looked at me with her puppy eyes. "I'm sowwy." She apologized in a cute manner.

"Help me pick an outfit." I said.

Yuna walked towards the mountain of clothes on my bed and she started tapping her chin with her index finger while thinking. "Unnie, wear this." Yuna picked up a white blouse with her right hand and black pants with her left hand.

A smile formed on my face as I imagined what I look like in the outfit Yuna chose for me. "Alright." I gave Yuna a thumbs up.

--

While walking through the streets of Seoul, I started to feel a little uncomfortable as the people walking by keep throwing glances at me.

I checked my outfit and fixed my sleeves. 'Am I too attractive on this outfit or what?' I thought to myself.

I faced forward and I saw the tteokbokki store that is only a few meters away from me. I continued walking with a smile on my face as I can't wait to see Yeji and what she's wearing.

'She's probably still wearing her black beanie.' I thought to myself and I let out a small chuckle while thinking about how cute Yeji is.

It was a peaceful day and there were many people walking. It wasn't that crowded that made me a little happy. On my left side, cars with different colors are parked. On my right side, there were a lot of people walking, but some were on their bikes and skateboards.

I inhaled the cold and flower-like scent as I started to get close to the tteokbokki store and I exhaled sharply through my nose.

'What will Yeji do when I confess to her?' I wondered.

'She will probably look like a shocked cat.' I let out a small chuckle while thinking about Yeji. She's adorable whatever she does and she's effortlessly beautiful.

As I approached the tteokbokki store, I placed my hand on the door handle. 'I'll be waiting for you, Yeji.' Without hesitation, I entered the tteokbokki store.

As my foot steps on the porcelain floor, the smell of the stir-fried rice cakes entered my nostrils. The restaurant was half full. It was filled with people happily eating with their special someone.

I walked towards an empty table and I sat down on the wooden chair.

Suddenly, my phone in my pocket vibrated.

I placed my hand in my pocket and I pulled out my phone. A small smile formed on my face as I was expecting a text from Yeji. I turned on my phone and my eyes widened out of happiness as I saw a message from Yeji.

"I'm walking right now. Where are you?"

The smile on my face grew bigger. I decided to reply to Yeji. "I'm at the tteokbokki store. I'm waiting for you."

After a few seconds, my phone vibrated. I looked at the message with a smile on my face. "Alright! I'll be there soon! By the way, I'm wearing a different wig right now." Yeji replied. I was a little astonished that Yeji replied to my message instantly.

I inhaled and exhaled sharply as I placed both of my thumbs on my phone. I wanted to text something to Yeji, but I was a little nervous.

"I love you, Hwang Yeji." I typed.

Without hesitation, I sent it to her.

I giggled like an insane person and I couldn't stop smiling. I turned off my phone and I placed it on the table as I couldn't handle the romantic feeling.

My heart was fluttering.

My heart was jumping up and down. Even in texting, I still find Yeji cute and attractive.

'Take your time, Yeji. I'll wait for you.'

--

It is already 7:00pm, but Yeji is still not in the tteokbokki store.

I let out a sigh while looking at how messy my table was. I already bought and finished 5 plates of tteokbokki while waiting for Yeji.

A sad expression formed on my face. "Did she come back to the hospital?" I asked myself.

I stood up from my seat and I grabbed my phone from the table. I turned on my phone and I became even more miserable.

Yeji didn't reply to me. I started to regret texting those words to her.

I placed my phone in my pocket while looking around the tteokbokki store. I was the only one in the store and it was already dark outside.

I started to worry a little bit about Yeji. I was afraid that she suffered from a seizure once again or she suddenly passed out on the side of the road.

To stop myself from worrying so much, I opened my palm and I placed my hand on my chest to stop my heart from beating rapidly. I slowly inhaled and I exhaled. "I'm just probably being paranoid. Something probably came up that's why Yeji is unable to go on our date." I said to myself.