SE 1: EP 20 ― Nothing Personal [1]

2014 ― Airborne[this song + the last scene = more pain]

2014 Airborne
[this song + the last scene = more pain]

Audrey and Skye were now standing in the lab. Skye was on her laptop, and Audrey was hoping that the team was back by now and that someone saw the message she left in the bathroom. There was a portrait in the bathroom of the night skyline, but it moved. On the second screen, Audrey scribbled in 'Ward is HYDRA,' and then she put a screwdriver in the portrait when she switched it back to the night sky. And luckily for her,

Fitz just found it.

Grant was standing in the cargo hold spraying black spray-paint over the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo on the SUV. Audrey looked over at him and gave him a sincere smile. She was still devastated, betrayed, and crushed on the inside, but, like she told Ward, he is the first person she's ever fallen in love with, and she loves him so much. Finding out that he was HYDRA didn't just automatically turn her feelings off.

They had been through too much, and they had too many moments that felt real, that she knew Grant couldn't have faked. Nobody is that good.

Not even her or Natasha.

Grant smiled back at her before turning back to the car, and Audrey subtly tapped Skye's hand and nodded her head as Audrey's smile fell. Skye unplugged the hard drive walked over to one of the cabinets, and started to rifle through it.

"Fitz keeps the candy under his bunk," Grant said. His voice made Skye jump because even Audrey didn't notice that he had walked back inside the lab. "What are you up to?" Grant asked her.

"Just looking for the SAT phone to call the team, make sure everyone's alright, no one's blown up," Skye said, and to get Grant away from Skye, Audrey spoke up.

"I suggested it. Coulson's probably wondering where we are, so I just figured we should all keep each other updated, you know?" Audrey said. Grant nodded his head and walked away from Skye and over to Audrey.

"And I am already one step ahead of you. I have the phone. I just talked to Coulson a little while ago before I came down here with you guys." Grant said.

"You did?" Audrey asked.

"Yeah, I'm sorry, Rey, I should've told you. But they're okay, and the sooner we get to the location, decrypt that drive...-" Audrey cut in.

"...-The sooner we can rendezvous with the team." She said.

"Exactly... or just rendezvous," Grant said. Audrey rolled her eyes, but she did laugh, a genuine laugh. That's what she hated. Grant seemed so genuine when he said he loves her; she believed him, even though she didn't know what to believe anymore.

"It seemed like a smart play at the time, geo-locking the drive. I didn't think it would backfire on us." Skye said as she walked back over to Audrey.

"It hasn't backfired. The drive is supposed to be impossible to crack. Pretty specific coordinates, though. You could've picked anywhere in the world. Why a random diner in L.A.?" Grant asked.