Prologue

2012 ― Paris, France

2012 Paris, France

Audrey Fury and Grant Ward were currently in Paris.

A few months before the battle against Loki in New York, a group called The Rising Tide was making some noise. They made their way onto S.H.I.E.L.D.'s radar. After the fight in New York, they started leaking more things they shouldn't know. Audrey and Grant were tasked with putting a stop to them, and a lead brought them out to Paris.

"Agent Ward. Agent Fury, there's been a development. It's the Rising Tide. They've pinned down the location of the package. We need to abort." Audrey and Grant heard another S.H.I.E.L.D. agent through their comms.

The two were on a motorcycle; Grant was driving while Audrey had her arms wrapped around his torso. They were headed to a hotel because one of the guests staying there had what they needed. The package that was being referred to.

"We're five minutes away from retrieving it," Grant responded.

"So is everyone else. They posted the coordinates online." The agent said as Grant parked the motorcycle.

"If the job was easy...-" The agent cut Audrey off.

"...-Yeah, it wouldn't be any fun. Watch each other's six." The agent said. Grant and Audrey took off their helmets, and she smoothed down her hair as Grant lifted one of the serving trays off of a server. They each had their cover of how they would get into the hotel room. Audrey was checking in as a guest under an alias, and Grant would use his cover as a server to meet her in the room they needed to be in. He was wearing a server's uniform, while Audrey had on a jumpsuit. It was stretchy, and she had room, so she knew she'd be comfortable fighting in it if it came to that.

Grant walked in through the hotel restaurant's service entrance while Audrey went through the front door. When she 'checked in,' she made her way up to the floor, where she would meet Grant. He lifted the handprint off the correct guy and copied it so they could get into the room.

"What took you so long?" Audrey teased when Grant met her outside the door.

"Not all of us could just walk right in, Rey," Grant responded, and Audrey smiled. Grant used the handprint he lifted to get them inside the room. Audrey checked around to make sure nobody was there, and when she knew they were clear, she met Grant back in the main room, where he was using an x-ray device to scan through the walls. "Behind here," Grant said.

There was a picture hanging on the wall above the fireplace. Audrey removed the picture, and there was a code panel on the wall. Grant grabbed the cloth from which he lifted the handprint and used it to unlock the panel. The wall and fireplace lifted to reveal a secret room with some cash and the package they needed.

Audrey turned around first and saw a woman in a robe with a wooden spoon in her hand. "Your fireplace is broken," Audrey said. Grant quickly turned around when he heard Audrey speaking, and then he noticed the woman.