24 - You're My Warmth

Start from the beginning

I let out a faint laugh as Jungwon continues to scream.

"Go Sunniya!!!" He screams then claps.

A few people look over at him weirdly, but he doesn't pay attention. His eyes are on me only.

"I guess you have a fan in the audience," the announcer laughs. I do don't I?

Then the beat to Red Flavor drops.

Okay Kim Sunni, time to let your charisma shine!!

I lip sync as I go through the dance powerfully. Not letting one slip up happen. I channel my inner Seulgi!!

This is my world and everyone is just living in it!

Suddenly, the music stops right on Seugli's part on the bridge.

"We must be having the technical difficulties," The announcer says nervously as he tries to fix the issue with the DJ.

I won't let this little "problem" affect my winning.

I start singing...

"Don't figure it out if I haven't told you...my feelings are growing for you...Like spilled ice cream, I might just melt..."

The crowd start to clap on beat for me as I continue to dance with my vocals.

They go wild as I finish the song with Wendy's part.

"My favorite is you in the summer~"

I finish the song strongly out of breath. I truly need to hand it to these idols. I barely made it out alive only singing a little part of the song.

"Wah!!" The announcer comes up to me. "You should become an idol! You sing amazing!"

I blush from the compliment.

As I look at the crowd cheering me on, it just makes me even more determined to go for my dream.

*******

I look at my polaroid camera excitedly as me and Jungwon continue to wander around.

Though my skills are lacking, I was still able to impress them all. 

The energy the crowd gave me was nothing like I've never felt before. It made me want to leave this place and go practice for auditions. 

I gaze at Jungwon. Knowing he has the same dream as mines makes me wish he would've gone on that stage too. He would've for sure beaten me considering his skills, but that's why he needs to become an idol. He's too talented to not do something about it.

He ruffles my hair. 

"See? Doing things by yourself isn't so scary," He says as he smiles down at me.

I scoff, "I think I would've been less scared if you were actually on that stage with me."

He doesn't say anything. I know he would've loved it. Maybe if he did, he would've felt the same determination I now feel. 

"Lets celebrate!" He changes the subject. "How about we buy some drinks and corndogs?"

Guess he's dodging it now. I need to come up with a master plan to get him in the groove of things.

"Sounds perfect," I play along.

We approach a line leading to the food stand.

"I'm going to go to the restroom. I'll be fast!" He tells me before he runs off into the men's restroom.

I let out a sigh. What can I possibly do to make him ambitious again?

Maybe after a quick bite, I'll have some ideas.