Chapter 50: Quirks

My heart beat kept me from falling into the state of sleep, the sound reverberated through the twilight sending me towards the edge – but not quite far enough. Sleep continued to evade me, it was something always a few steps ahead of me. Something I couldn't quite reach.

I found myself half awake – half alive even stumbling around the campus aimlessly. The cold air felt calming against my naturally warm skin. With the heavy fog of anxiety plaguing my mind I didn't realise I ended up into the School Gymnasium.

In the cover of night, the Gymnasium felt eerie. A soft energy vibrated through it; I could sense several heart beats – perhaps three. Did Villains break into the School again? I felt a frown plaster itself onto my face as I sunk low to the ground, crouching down and swiftly but silently stalking around to get a better view.

Within the darkness I could see three figures huddled together – what were they planning? I took a deep breathe before I lunged towards them, tackling one down and wrapping my arm around their neck in a strangle hold.

"Alright, whatever you losers are planning it stops now." I growled as I lit half of myself on fire as if to taunt them, but being careful not to burn my hostage. The light of my fire divided the darkness; revealing three familiar faces.

"Young Amara? What are you doing up this late?" All Might asked me, dark shades of exhaustion lined his tired eyes.

"I could ask you that to." I trailed off, curious as to why the hell All Might and Midoriya would meet up like this.

"Please let Kacchan go!" Midoriya pleaded, fear in his eyes.

"Huh?" I peered down to see a certain spikey blond choking within my grasp. His face drained of color. "Oh." I said before I released my titan grip on Bakugo. Bakugo flopped to lay on the ground, desperately panting to catch his breathe.

"Do you have a death wish!?" Bakugo yelled at me, locking his scalding red eyes with my dead black ones.

"I dunno, wanna find out?" I smirked, challenging him.

"Please not now." All Might sighed.

"So what are you guys doing?" I asked. Only for Midoriya to shriek nervously and avert his gaze. I narrowed my black eyes at him in an attempt to break his nerve.

"If anyone can know, its her." Bakugo said in a calm tone. "She has about six quirks as well, who knows she might even be able to help."

"That's oddly true." All Might said as he tapped his chin with the tip of his index finger in thought. "Alright then! We will tell you our big secret!" He chimed.

"But All Might-" Midoriya was cut off by All Might raising a hand in defiance.

"Bakugo is right. Amara has something special about her that we can use to our advantage. But only on one condition Amara." All Might's voice darkened as he stared at me. "You must not tell anyone. Can you promise me?" He asked.

"I can keep a secret. " I stated, a sadness tugged at what little heart strings I had left; what could be this bad they'd need to hide in the darkness like this.

"Well, listen well. I'll only say all of this once." All Might sighed. And it was then All Might told me about his and Midoriya's secret; One for All and All for One. The long history of war that raged throughout generations was now taking shape within Midoriya's body. Giving him six new quirks for him to control and conquer.

A lump formed in my throat at the mention of All for One: the monster that made me into an even bigger one.

"So now you know." Midoriya interjected. "Did anything ever happen to you with All for One? Is that why you have six quirks as well?" He asked. I felt an energy ripple through me, wrapping me up in a crescendo of torment.