﹌﹌﹌

"Oh hell, this is bloody miserable," Caius grumbled when they stepped off the plane, Aro aiding Claire down the stairs while their guards scouted the area, making sure it was clear of any threats.

"Hm, see? Dramatic," she reached up and tapped his nose once they reached him. The weather was dark and gloomy, rain threatening the fall at any minute, and absolutely freezing cold. She wouldn't be surprised if she awoke to snow the next day.

"Am not," he denied, curling an arm around her waist and bringing her into his side.

"Are too," Marcus and Claire said at the same time. Caius growled playfully before scooping her off the ground, one arm under her knees and the other around her back. He twirled her around while she laughed, her arms coming to rest around his neck to secure herself.

"Okay, okay! I concede," she squealed. He eventually stopped and placed her gingerly back on her feet, keeping an arm around her in case she was dizzy.

"You three are children," Aro reprimanded, but he couldn't hide his amusement. Seeing his mate so happy pleased him greatly. Claire poked her tongue out at him before dragging Caius over the him and Marcus.

A black sedan, with dark tinted windows, pulled up in front of them, the drivers side door almost instantly opening and Demetri stepping out. He opened the back room for the kings and Claire, standing ramrod straight and one hand behind his back.

"Let's go, amore," Aro touched her lower back and guided her into the car, Demetri offering her a short bow. She glided elegantly into the seat, sliding along the leather until she was in the middle seat. Aro soon joined her, and Marcus had made his way to the other side of the car to take the seat on the other side of her. Both brothers were immediately touching her again; Aro had clasped one of her hands in his, savouring her elated thoughts of finally being home, and Marcus had draped an arm behind her head to play with her hair.

Caius had taken the front passenger seat, his hand unconsciously reached behind to sit on her knee. In a flash, Demetri was back in the driver's seat and had began heading out to the main road. The rest of the guard were making the trip on foot.

"Do you even have a license?" Claire lent forward to question the vampire with a raised brow.

"I have a fake one, does that count?" He retorted.

"Not at all," she glared at him through the rear-view mirror. He winked and grinned at her.

"Relax, regina. I've been driving longer than you've been alive," he teased, earning a sharp glare from Caius next to him.

"That does not make me feel better," she mumbled, leaning back into the seat, allowing Marcus to resume running his fingers through her hair. She decided to ignore the nickname for the moment, disliking the rush of anxiety it caused her.

Demetri chuckled at her, casting her one last glance in the mirror. It felt weird being this close to her, after months of keeping watch of her from afar. She was just how he expected, full of life and overly friendly.

The car was filled with casual conversation, the kings jesting with each other and Claire, much to Demetri's amusement. Every now and then, Claire would turn a question on the guard, so he didn't feel left out. Eventually the roads and buildings became familiar, and her anxiety spiked, nervous to see the Malloys again. She didn't let them know she was coming, which only added to her apprehension. What if they didn't want to see her? What if they only wanted to know her from a distance? She had been away for over a year, maybe they had moved on, had their own family, and only called her out of obligation.

"Settle down, amore," Aro murmured, kissing the side of her head. "Your thoughts are very loud."

"I'm sorry," she said sheepishly. "I'm just worried."

"I know, no need to apologise."

"We're here, masters," Demetri's voice cut through the now silent car as he pulled up in front of a white sliding home. Dark, moss green shutters framed the windows, and white trellises were covered in climbing, pink flowers. The garden was full of shrubs and bushes, all blossoming in an array of soft and pastel colours, and the lawn was perfectly manicured. It radiated warmth and homeliness. Layla had obviously been spending time in the garden, just like she had told Claire on one of their calls.

"Are you ready, amore?" Aro asked softly, drawing her out of admiring the home.

She hummed, "Yes, yes, I think so."

With an almost inhuman speed, Demetri left the car and opened the door for Aro, who stepped out elegantly before turning back to assist Claire from the car. Caius and Marcus let themselves out, all three of the brothers fixing the button on their suit jackets.

"Shall we?" Marcus flitted to Claire's side, offering her his arm. He was playing the role of her boyfriend, despite his brothers pleas to take his place instead. Claire had reasoned that she had known him longer, it only made sense that he played her partner. She didn't think shocking the Malloys with three angelically handsome boyfriends was smart.

"We shall," she took his arm, clinging to his side in an attempt to calm her nerves. With a deep breath they began to make their way to the front door, Marcus and Claire in front, Aro and Caius flanking them and Demetri walked behind them, protecting their back.  

a/n: am i spoiling you with these extra chapters? probably

a/n: am i spoiling you with these extra chapters? probably. will i continue to do it? absolutely. 

i've finally got my Discord set up, so please message me for an invite link!