33. Lucius can not, so we break his arm

Start from the beginning

"Yes..." I said. "They told me. I know who my birth mother is now. That was part of why Narcissa left you, huh? Because you refused to acknowledge my true inheritance?"

Knowing that my siblings had my back must have brought me some confidence. But Lucius was not happy about that.

"You foolish little-"

He had tried to reach for the cane where he stored his wand, but Peter once again squeezed his grip on his elbow. A crack was heard and my father's arm bent over in the opposite direction.

I guess Peter's spider like abilities included some inhuman strength. He glared at Lucius.

"Last warning. If you don't leave now I will personally send you to the infirmary."

They starred at each other for a solid minute.

"...very well, then. I will leave," Lucius finally relented.

Peter let go of the now broken elbow. Lucius awkwardly bowed and turned around to leave.

When he was out of earshot I turned to my siblings.

"Did you... just break my father's arm?"

Peter shrugged.

"His elbow, more specific. He threatened you, I wouldn't just stand there."

"Thank you..."

Annabeth laid a hand on my shoulder.

"Draco, are you alright?"

"Yeah... yes I'm alright..." I nodded slowly.

"He tried to reach his cane," Peter noted. "He doesn't, he doesn't usually use that on you, does he?"

"He hides his wand in the cane, that was what he was reaching for," I told them, avoiding their worried glances.

"He uses his wand on you?" Annabeth asked.

I hesitated for a moment.

"Well, it's only when I talk back or I'm too loud when he would use a silencing charm... and there was that one time when I touched something that I wasn't supposed to and he cast a stinging hex on my fingers..."

I didn't quite understand what the big deal was, it's just child discipline. But Peter and Annabeth looked horrified.

"Draco, that sounds like some form of magical mistreatment," Peter said. "You mean to tell us that is normal for you?"

"Well, it's fine, it's no big deal," I tried to explain. "I mean every parent would correct their kid when they did something wrong, right?"

Annabeth shook her head.

"Not by physically forcing them into silence or hurting them, Draco" she said. "You should have broken more than just his elbow," she said to Peter.

Peter decided to move forward.

"You will be staying with your stepmom once you go back to Britain, right?" he asked.

"Yes."

Peter nodded.

"And she has never done something like that to you?"

"No. Never."

"Good."

Then he hugged me tightly.

"Draco, you are loved and you do deserve to be treated well. I want you to promise me you will remember that, okay?"

I hugged him back. My father had never told me I deserved to be well treated. He had told me others should give me their respect, meaning; 'they are below you, you better make sure they know it!'

"Thank you," I whispered, "I promise."

He let go of me and ruffled my hair.

"Oí! Do you have the slightest idea how much time I spent this morning for it to lay down neatly again after that quest?!" I exclaimed. "Now you're ruining it again!"

Now that only encouraged my siblings to continue ruining my hairstyle while laughing at me. The audacity of older siblings ruffling your hair!

Luckily I was saved when Percy and Hattie showed up. For once, Poseidon's kids was actually wet from the showers after their swords training. I guess the water could soak them if they wanted to get wet.

"Hey, guys! What happened?" Percy asked.

"Draco's father was here to scold him for coming to camp," Annabeth explained.

"Ah, are you okay, Draco?" Percy asked me.

"Yes, I'm fine," I said, "Peter and Annabeth helped me."

Hattie looked between us, one at a time.

"What did you do?" she asked Peter. I didn't notice but he looked just a tiny bit extremely satisfied with himself.

He shrugged.

"I may, or may not have broken an elbow."

Hattie burst out laughing.

"You?" She asked between laughing fits. "You of all people snapped and decided to break some limbs and I wasn't even here to see it?!" She laughed a little more. "Peter! I thought we were friends!"

"Well, to be fair, Harri. If someone is being a jerk towards one of my siblings, you can't really expect me to just wait until I have the right audience before I teach them a lesson," Peter reasoned.

Hattie shrugged.

"Well," Percy cleared his throat. "If all is well now, Annabeth, could we perhaps go somewhere more private? The lake, perhaps?"

"I-I mean, sure! If you're sure you're alright, Draco?" Annabeth turned to me.

"Yes! Yes, of course! I'm fine! You go with Percy! I'm fine!" I practically pushed my sister towards Percy while Hattie gave her brother a discreet thumbs up.

Peter eyed us with suspicion when they left for the lake.

"You know something I don't, don't you?"

"Aww, don't sulk about it too much, Web-head!" Hattie stuck out her tongue. "You'll find out soon enough!"

Peter stuck out his tongue right back at her.

"Whatever, Kelp-hair!"

He then turned to me.

"Hey, you ever tried volleyball?"

"Have I tried what?"

"Volleyball," Hattie repeated, "it's a muggle sport we often play here. We should play a game, Peter and I can teach you the rules. And Screw-brain might want to join us as well!"

"Screw-brain?"

"Harley Keener," Peter explained. "He would probably be in the forge right now. Come on!"

Peter grabbed my hand and led me to the camp forge, closely followed by Hattie. The son of Hephaestus whom Hattie and Peter jokingly referred to as 'Screw-brain' was eager to join us in a game of 'volleyball'. The rest of that day, however, was spent very little on actually playing, and very much teaching me to not duck or cover whenever the ball came flying towards me. What can I say? There's a reason I became a seeker and not a beater or a keeper.