(10) morning of the finals

Start from the beginning

"what would that guy want with your parents? and if your mom kept it a secret how do you know all this?"

"i kinda spoke to my parents when i was unconscious, they told me everything.. it's a long story.. he wanted my dad's body, he wanted the kamigan, he harvests and uses bodies of different shinobi as a means of immortality and power..."

"that explains the disguise during the exams.." sasuke spoke softly holding his neck, making jin raise her eyebrow with a serious expression written on her face.

he grinned at her expression, "after you passed out, he bit me, it's some sort of curse mark.."

jin signaled for him to come closer "come here."

sasuke hesitantly walked over to her, "what now?"

she gently stood up, face to face with the young uchiha. she looked up into his onyx eyes, and placed her hand on his neck. sasuke kept the straightest face refusing to show any emotion to the green eyed girl.

"here she goes again, think about something else, think about the finals" he thought.

"the leaf is my home now. i'll protect everyone in it with my life, especially team seven, especially you, sasuke. you're annoying and you have the attitude of a 40 year old man sometimes, but .. i'm really glad you're okay." she said before pulling him into a tight hug.

he pulled away gently, avoiding eye contact.

"i have to go." he said quickly before walking towards the door.

"i'll watch you kick ass later right?"

he paused with his hand on the doorknob as a smirk grew on his face.

"of course."

"wait! you need a new outfit!"

"i don't have time for this jin."

"at 11:00 tell kakashi we're going shopping!" she squealed

"no." he said before closing the door behind him.

jin tossed and turned in the bed, hearing a faint knock on the door.

"ugh. COME IN!" she yelled before plopping her head back in her pillow.

"erm.. hi jin, your team asked us to stop by and bring these fruits for you." a soft voice spoke.

"hinata?" jin raised her head up from the pillow, meeting the eyes of hinata ino and sakura with a fruit basket and gyoza.

"the gyoza was my idea" sakura smiled, "i remembered how much you liked the dumplings the last time."

"sakura! oh my god you cut your hair! it looks so good, when?"

sakura let out a slight chuckle, "thank you jin, it's kind of a long story... it happened when you were passed out"

" ah i see... but as for the food, thank you because i was starving! how'd you guys know i'm awake?"

"saito heard from kakashi!" ino chimed in. "we also came because sakura and i already agreed to sit next to your team at the finals! we're meeting up to go get lunch around 11."

"i'm sitting next to kiba, but we're all coming for lunch." hinata spoke softly.

jin looked at the time. "nine o clock huh?"

"i'll pass on lunch... i kind of have something to do." she said with an innocent smile, "but i'll definitely sit next to you guys and i'll see you there hinata!"