Chapter 2: Diagon Alley

Start from the beginning

"One. Don't call me little girl when I'm obviously taller than you. Two, no I don't know who you nor do I care to," I snapped.

Harry watched this all go down with his mouth opened wide.

"You will regret this," he sneered at me as the seamstress let him down.

"Oh, I'm sure. How will I ever recover from an overly greasy git being angry at me," I sneered back.

"I've never heard you talk like that!" Harry exclaimed.

"He pissed me off," I said simply.

The seamstress let out a small laugh at me. Once I was done, she fitted my brother. After we were done Harry left the store but I stayed behind.

"Thank you for taking the time to fit me. Here," I said handing her a handful of coins from my vault as a tip.

Tears filled her eyes and she choked out a Thank you. I gave her a small smile and exited the shop. Me and harry then bought all of our schoolbooks and a few for reading. Then Hagrid led us to a wand shop.

"Harry Potter and Hayden Potter. I was wondering when I'd be seeing the twins," an old man said with a crooked smile.

"H-how do you know us?" My brother stuttered out.

"The twins who lived. How could I not? It feels like yesterday when your parents were in here buying their first wands," Olivander told us.

"You knew our parents. What were they like?" I asked him curiously.

"Your father was young and reckless. Lily, however, was refined, smart, and kind. They were good people," Olivander explained.

"Thank you for telling me," I said with a giant smile.

"Yes, thank you," Harry said with a matching smile.

"Now let's get your wands. The wand chooses the wizard, not the other way around," we were told.

Harry went first. After nearly destroying the store Harry finally found his wand. Apparently, the feather is shared with the man who gave Harry his scar, because why not?

"Are you ready Hayden?" Olivander asked me.

He handed me a boring brown wand with a grey handle. I flicked my wrist and boxes flew everywhere. I let out a small scream.

"I am so sorry!" I screamed out, my hair going purple again. Tonight, I'm going to read and see why my hair is doing that.

"It's all fine. Try this one," this was almost a twin to Harry's wand. I was sure this would be it, and by the looks of it, Olivander was too.

But when I flicked my wrist, I knocked out all the lights in the store.

"Curious. Try this wand," Olivander said handing me a silver wand. It had beautiful engravings up the wood.

When I flicked my wrist blue and silver bursts of lights flew around the room.

"Hayden, your hair!" Harry exclaimed.

My hair had gone a yellow color. I looked at it with concern until it returned to its ginger state.

"A metamorphagus dear." was all Olivander told me before ushering us from his stop. Outside hagride had a snowy white out and grey cat. He handed the owl to Harry and the cat to me.

"What will you name em?" Hagrid asked us.

"Stormy, " I said petting the cat.

"Hedwig," Harry said with a giant smile.

That was the best birthday of my life. When we made it back to the leaky cauldron Hagrid told us off Voldemort. The man who killed our parents.

"Hagrid, if Harry is known as the boy who lived, why am I not known as the girl who lived?" I asked him.

"Most people didn't know about you, Hayden. Most still don't. I am not sure why," Hagrid said with a shrug of his shoulders.

As we were about to leave, I ran into an Asian boy who looked my age.

"I am so sorry," I apologized.

"No worries. You are the girl from the shop, right? The one who tipped the seamstress?" The boy asked me.

"Yeah, I'm Hayden Potter," I said extending my hand.

"I'm Aiden Park. Are you, by chance, related to Harry Potter?" Aiden asked me.

"He's my twin."

His eyes widened and his mouth dropped.

"You survived you-know-who!" He exclaimed.

"I guess. I was just a baby," I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Do you have a scar like Harry?"

"No, only a birthmark."

"That's so awesome!"

"Hayden, hurry up!" My brother yelled at me.

"I have to go; it was nice to meet you Aiden!" I told him.

"The pleasure is mine. I will see you at Hogwarts, Hayden," he said with a giant smile.

And that was the end of shopping. There were a few parts of the day I've left out, but I don't think you need to know about them yet. After all, even I wasn't aware of them.

That night Harry went back to the Dursleys, but I used my money to stay in the Leaky Cauldron. I couldn't go back there. Not if I didn't have to. But this was the first night I had spent alone, and I didn't like it. So, I went down to the bar area, ordered a Coke, and sat quietly, surrounded by people. 

"You seem a bit young to be by yourself," A boy my age noted, sitting next to me.

He had dark brown eyes and black hair. His skin was pale, and even though he was young, he had basically no baby fat. He was intoxicating and beautiful.

"I could say the same about you," I retorted, taking another sip of my soda.

"I'm guessing you're here for the same reason I am," he told me, not taking his eyes off of me.

"And what reason would that be?" I entertained this new boy.

Harry would hate him. He is nice, but there is something else there. Something about this boy that isn't one hundred percent...stable. And I liked it.

 "You're running from something. Otherwise, a girl so young, and yet so pretty wouldn't be here alone," the boy observed.

"I'm no longer alone, now, am I?" I asked with a smirk.

"I guess not. I guess if we are going to be alone together, you deserve to know my name. I'm Mattheo," He introduced to me.

"I'm Hayden," I told him. 

We spent the night talking, and I knew that this wouldn't be my last interaction with Mattheo. Or, at least I hoped it wasn't.