Chapter 50 ~ Envelope

Start from the beginning

The latter of which makes me pause at the door reading her name on the plaque just above Guidance Councillor. I knock even though I was told to go straight in, I'd feel rude otherwise... I've done that a few times with Blaze recently, running into him in the bathroom or his room whilst he's changing- in my defence, he's old enough to know how a lock works but it still ends up leaving me a flustered embarrassed mess and Blaze an overly cocky, incredibly hot ass.

"Come in." Mrs Stenthams voice travels through the wood bringing me out of daydream, Blaze's wet abs disappearing from my mind.

Get yourself together, lord.

I push open the door to the office I feel most comfortable in at school. Coloured pictures cover the walls and a stencil of a tree is painted in the corner by the two pink bean bags on the floor. Mrs Stentham grins from behind her desk, combing her blush nails through her highlighted blonde bob, she removes her fingers and beckons me forward enthusiastically towards the desk.

She's a lot more enthusiastic than usual even though she's one of the brightest fulfilling people I know but it doesn't ease my apprehension.

"Sit! Sit!" She points at the single chair on the opposite side to hers, small picture frames and stationary laying on the desk in-between.

I do as she instructs and slide into the chair, fiddling with the small gemmed rings on my fingers, the blue nail polish on my nails chipped and marked- I should really re-paint them but I always end up picking it off with nervousness.

"What's this about.... Am I in trouble...?" I slowly lower my back against the chair, relaxing into the atmosphere. Mrs Stentham leans on her elbows holding her chin inbetween her closed fists. Her smile is wide as she sucks on her lower lip, joy ridding over her features.

"No nothing of the sort... quite the opposite actually..." She leans back and looks down towards her draws.

"Then what-" She pulls out a white envelope, my words catch in my throat.

"This... arrived here this morning." She hands it to me over the desk and I take the envelope with pinched brows, I turn it over with shakey hands and read the front. My name below the blue Julliard logo.

My stomach churns and my breathing shallows even more- I'm not even sure if I am breathing anymore. I know I may sound ridiculous being this scared over whether I even got an audition or not but this is either the start or the end of my dreams- dramatic? Sure. But when has my life not been frigging dramatic. This letter is either the start of something undreamable or the end of everything I've worked for so far.

Mrs Stentham reaches across the desk and clasps my wrist gently.

"Don't look so worried. It's going to be alright Atlas!" She soothes, my eyes stay permanently glued on the logo, burning holes through the paper.