The Mustang had a way of saying "fuck you" to people while picking apart each and every flaw that made them weak or dislikable, yet she did so in a way that made others wish to either improve themselves or kill her- there was no in between. Nonetheless, it was a bit off putting to listen to.

(Y/n) inhaled and exhaled, arching her brows and lifting her dirtied gloves to rub the bridge of her nose. The once clean fabric smelled of metal and sweat, and she grimaced upon remembering that her extra pair of gloves were in the bags that she'd left Greed with the responsibility of retrieving. "I can't say that I care anymore," she responded, her arms falling to her sides.

Hohenheim closed the gate behind Edward once they'd all managed to step into the alleyway. (Y/n) turned to her right to look out to the street. People were walking about, mingling, and going about their day cluelessly. The quiet chatter that filled her ears almost saddened her, yet irritated her as well. Human beings were so... oblivious to everything that didn't involve themselves.

"Besides," she began, turning her head to look directly at Hohenheim, who was leaning down to the side to pick up the brown brief case he'd left by the entrance. "You were clearly with Father before us for some reason. It looked like you were in the middle of a heated conversation. 'You come to peacefully 'part ways', or did you find you didn't care anymore, either?"

Her words were flat, and her face even more so. She focused her empty gaze onto Hohenheim, or more precisely anywhere but onto who stood right beside the immortal being, whilst he very clearly stared at her.

"I said what I originally intended to do..." the former husband sounded unsure, as he trailed off and darted his eyes to the ground as he leaned back upward with his briefcase secure within his grasp.

(Y/n) raised her (h/c) brows ever so slightly. "But?"

He looked like he wanted to change the topic, or at least to open the floor for Edward to talk. Hohenheim glanced down at his son, who was completely unaware of his father's presence any longer. The boy was too fixated on the girl before him, who still refused to look his way. Hohenheim could literally see the way Ed's heart sank further and further into the pit of his stomach, even as his face remained stiff.

"Well, I suppose it didn't exactly go as I had originally envisioned it..." Hohenheim cleared his throat. "But, no, I did what I needed to. I have no regrets about any actions on my behalf."

"Things never do go as we plan, do they?" (Y/n)'s eyes trailed off to the side, past the Fullmetal Alchemist's figure. "So you really didn't fight?"

"I fought in my own way. It wouldn't have been wise for me to do otherwise. The weapon I carry is strong, believe me. I don't need to cause a scene in order to prove that. I assume the Dwarf understands, anyway."

(Y/n) ground her teeth together as her lashes fluttered erratically. She stared off into empty space before her chest rose in a heavy, silent breath. "Are you trying to subliminally tell me something?"

Hohenheim faltered, unsure of how to react. He caught Edward shaking his head subtly out of the corner of his eye, but he didn't bother pushing the subject any further. On either of them. "I'm not attacking you."

"I never said you were," she shot back. She sounded defensive, on edge. Her posture was rigid and her eyes were wide as she glared at the ground.

Edward's heart plummeted even further. He didn't like the way (Y/n) looked in that moment- frazzled, angry. He wanted to see her smile, that pretty smile that brightened his days and dispelled storm clouds. He wanted those (e/c) eyes to look at him, for at least one second, and glisten with admiration as she took in his aura. He wanted her attention, he wanted something.