22

The sound of heavy suits rattling against bodies as boots harshly clomped against the stone floor echoed throughout the chilled space as (Y/n) and Ed were ushered into the Briggs Fort in a much less hostile manner than they had been when making their way up the mountain. Captain Buccaneer, who had been rather silent since his superior told him to let the kids inside, walked in front of the teens and led them to the Major General, with broad shoulders tense. Edward looked around him both skeptically and in subtle amazement. They had yet to make it upstairs, but from what he had already been exposed to, Briggs was impressive on the inside as well as the outside.

Once they made it up the stairs, the scenery changed from prison-esque to the appearance of a normal Command Center. The wallpaper was a bit darker than that of Eastern or Central, and the atmosphere was still a bit cool even as the temperature inside warmed them slightly. The soldiers that moved about the space were tall and stone faced, making them appear to be just as intimidating as (Y/n) vaguely remembered.

Eventually, they finally turned a corner where Buccaneer told them to stop. He stepped to the side and saluted militantly, and (Y/n) could hear the synchronized swift movement of arms to the head from behind her as the blonde Major General and her white haired man assistant stepped into view. The State Alchemists were shot a glare from out of the corner of Buccaneer's eye, leading them to salute just as everyone around them had. These people held their Major General in high regards, and (Y/n) couldn't blame them for doing so. It was both militant courtesy as well as the fear of getting their heads ripped off by Alexander Armstrong's horrifying older sister.

The man beside her, who slightly resembled one of Ishvalan descent, continued to look straight forward as Olivier dismissed her mountain soldiers back to their posts out in the harsh weather. Once only the five of them remained in the hall just outside of what (Y/n) assumed to be her office, Olivier glowered down at the teens. Looking at her up close felt like facing the wrath of a devil. She was menacingly gorgeous, though if any of her men were to be caught mentioning that fact, they were likely to be met with the barrel of a gun pressed to their foreheads. Her magnificent blonde hair swooped over her left eye, leaving only one icy blue orb to stare coldly at the children who had dared to talk back to her. Granted, they weren't from around these parts, but she expected at least the daughter of the Colonel to know better. Actually, that was hardly true the more that she thought about it. From what Olivier recalled, Colonel Mustang behaved in a similar manner as the young girl before her. He spoke his mind, and the Major General wasn't entirely sure if she was happy to see the resemblance in the little brat.

"Captain Buccaneer," her voice suddenly thundered, and the said man's posture straightened impossibly further.

"Yes, sir."

"Take the Fullmetal Alchemist to his brother. I'd like to have a word with the Mustang for a moment," she ordered, and Buccaneer nodded.

Edward turned to the blonde woman as the Captain moved to stand in front of him in preparation for leading him down the hall. "I'm sorry, that's not gonna fly. I go wherever (Y/n) goes."

Olivier looked down upon him like a bear closing in on a rabbit. The Elric shuddered. "Did you not make a scene about seeing Alphonse Elric, or was that all just for show?" she growled. "I say that I need to speak with an inferior soldier, and another inferior soldier will not interfere with my desires. Do I make myself perfectly clear?"

"Excuse me if I'm a little skeptical about leaving my friend alone with someone who ordered guns to be pointed to our heads," he grumbled. He made eye contact with (Y/n), who shrugged as if to say it was going to be fine if he left her. She didn't necessarily look 100% confident in her reassurance, but Edward knew it was pointless to start yet another argument with her about her safety within the same day.