"..so, what gave you the idea to do this with me?", I asked Mark after a minute of silence.

He glance up at me, a small smile smile evident on his lips.

"Well I.. I really like you and enjoy your company,"

My face reddened as I fidgeted with the stick I was using to roast my marshmallow.

"Mark.."

"Seriously, I think you're great and I'm glad you agreed to live with me. I can't think of a better roommate." Mark confided.

I couldn't help but smile at his words. I wasn't even sure how to respond to that without sounding completely obsessed with him.

"Wow.. I– that was probably the sweetest thing I've ever heard you say.."

Mark chuckled, removing his marshmallow from the fire and putting it between his graham crackers.

I did the same.

"That's because I haven't felt this way about anyone in a..very long time."

My brain went to the pictures I found in the room upstairs. I wonder if he felt this way about her.

"Me too.. honestly."

What was this, though?

It wasn't quite love, but it was certainly not just a crush.

What was this?

"Ethan, I–" Mark cut himself off, looking down at his hands.

"Yeah?"

".. nothing. Nevermind."

I exhaled dramatically, "whew, okay no more sappy stuff. You're gonna make me fall in love with you or something." I mumbled that last part, but Mark still heard it. He chuckled.

"Would that really be so bad?" He asked in a joking manner.

"Financially, yes. You make way more money than I do." I said playing into the scenario.

"Since when was that ever a bad thing?"

"What about if we get a divorce? I'll have nothing." I joked.

Mark laughed, "no, I'd leave you with a few things."

"The things you don't want." I said causing the both of us to laugh.

"..you right."

Mark and I continued to talk, making jokes while enjoying our s'mores, which were delicious by the way.

"Okay we should probably hit the hay. It's starting to get late." Mark said after a while.

"Yeah, I wanna see what the inside of that tent looks like."

Mark let me get in first, then got inside himself.

Instead of it being split, it was just one big sleeping set up, which I wasn't complaining about.

We got comfortable underneath all the blankets a d continued to talk until we eventually fell asleep.

^^^ (if you're song is still going stop it)

"Well, hello again."

My eyes opened to nothing but darkness. Cold, still, darkness.

I was sitting at a table. When I tried to get up, I couldn't. It was like I was glued to the chair.

I feel two cold hands on my shoulder, along with breathing on my neck.

"I enjoyed that little chat by the campfire," a voice echoed from behind me.