Twenty

[Lisa to BLACKVELVET]
"OCTAGON CLUB TOMORROW AT 10PM DRINK'S ON ME 🥳"

The three girls turned to Lisa when their phone chimed simultaneously, they were all slouching on the couch, eating popcorn, browsing on Netflix. Lisa was still smiling from ear to ear while busy tapping on her phone, inviting more people.

Rosie was still observing the jolly girl in her usual pokerface "What is this Lalisa" she lifted her phone a little to get the girl's attention.

"What?" Lisa's voice became defensive "Is it bad to invite people on my birthday?" the girl pouted.

"It's your birthday?" Rosie was surprised, she immediately averted her gaze before releasing a small "Oh."

"Yah! I can't believe you forgot!" Lisa hissed, dropping her back on the couch and crossing her arms "Maybe it's a good idea that I invited them, at least Suelgi remembered" the girl mumbled.

Jennie and Jisoo were just laughing at the commotion. The both of them were aware about Lisa's birthday tomorrow, they were even planning on buying her a weird gift.

Rosie bit her bottom lip anxiously and relaxed on her back, she was speechless and feeling a little guilty. Lisa never forgets her birthday. And she's done nothing but be mean to the other girl.

The silence was broken when their phones started chiming again, earning a loud "YES!!" from Lisa.

[Joy]
"I'm coming!!"

[Seulgi]
"Did I hear the word drink? Yes ofc bdy girl! 🥳"

[Wendy]
"Someone's dying to drink here, so yeah we're all coming 🙄"

Jisoo turned to Jennie after reading the last chat, the girl met her gaze and gave her a questionable look.

• • •

Jennie was watching the rest of the girls spread across the huge dark room, Seulgi was flirting with a girl she just met, Yeri and Wendy catching up with Bambam and Ten, and her co-members making out. Yes, she doesn't know what happened to Lisa and Chaeyoung. They were just arguing earlier about the birthday thingy being forgotten and now this happened. Whatever it is, Jennie doesn't care anymore. She was more intrigued to see Irene go wild in the middle of the large crowd.

"Since when did Irene drink this hard?" Jennie was shouting on Joy's ear, fighting the loud music. They were sitting in the booth, watching Irene on the dance floor, she doesn't seemed like Irene at all, she was dancing, even with strangers, which is really really weird for Jennie. Because the girl used to be all chill and relaxed on the bar, just drinking her mojito in silence and a couple of crazy stories. But tonight, it was a different person.

Joy just shrugged "I don't know Jen, but I like this version better" she laughed, patting Jennie's arm before proceeding to follow Irene on the fun area, the girl was drunk herself, she was struggling to even stand.

Jennie just shook her head then turned to Jisoo, the girl averted her gaze, pretending to hear nothing. Her eyes narrowed, Jisoo definitely knew something. She bump Jisoo's arm to get her attention "How bout you? I bet you know something"

Jisoo looked at her defensively "Huh? What are you saying? I have nothing to do with her" she turned her gaze to Irene then back to Jennie "If something happened to her, that's not my responsibility" she released a huff before taking another shot.

Jennie resigned and took a shot too "Whatever, I just hope she's genuinely happy right now" she called a waiter and ordered another tray of shots.

'What the hell are you doing?' the thought went on Jisoo's mind over and over again ever since Irene acted drunk this evening. She wanna ask the girl directly but things were still awkward between them. They were still moving on with each other. If only she could...

"What the fuck?" her body straightened, she moved her head closely to the direction of the bar where Irene sat for a bit. She was resting on her arms, sleeping for a while maybe? But a suspicious looking guy went behind her "Is he touching her? What is he doing?" she whispered to herself.

She quickly stood up and went to them, her heartbeat was rapid, she doesn't feel well about this. And not to her surprise, the guy was totally touching Irene. He was massaging the girl's bare lap. Jisoo sucked in a big breath before releasing her tension on the guy's face, a strong punch.

Irene woke up by the loud groan she heard, her head still spinning, but she can clearly see that Jisoo was there. "Wha—" everything was a blur. She felt arms on her waist and a hand on her hanging arm. Where will you bring my poor soul? She was unable to speak. Probably too drunk.

• • •

[Jennie]
"Where are you?"

Jisoo heaved a sign once she read Jennie's text. She looked down on the sleeping girl and silently sat on Irene's bed "Irene.." she tried again. But the girl was so deep in sleep. How could she manage to go home if Jisoo was not around? Or what if Jisoo haven't seen that guy on the bar?

She tucked the girl again and kissed her forehead, she needs to go home, Jennie was already looking for her. She was about to stand but felt a hand on her wrist "Ji-soo.." Irene's voice was weak.

Jisoo shifted and sat comfortably, turning her body towards the girl. She combed the strand of hairs away from the girl's face and saw the wrinkled face, Irene was crying.

"Irene.." Jisoo removed her own shoes and laid beside the girl "do you want me to stay?" her voice calm, she don't wanna leave yet. Not especially when the girl looked sad and lonely. Why does she felt a pang on her chest? Maybe because she was the same.

She cupped the girl's cheek and looked at her intently, her mouth itching to say how much she wants the girl, on how much she wants to sleep with this view, and wake up to it. On how she likes Irene so much.

"Jisoo.." Irene can feel Jisoo's warmth on her skin, she was craving for this. Was craving for Jisoo. Her arm found the strength to reach for the girl's waist, and slowly slid it until it reached her back, embracing the girl closer. She wanted her.

Jisoo was hesitating but eventually hugged the girl back. Irene buried her face on Jisoo's chest, inhaling her while it last. Jisoo can feel the sticky liquid from Irene's eyes. She can't help but to feel overwhelmed. She needed this. So she let her eyes slip some emotions left inside her.

"Jisoo," her voice muffled "I really like you."

Jisoo chuckled through her tears and sniffed "I don't know what to believe anymore"

Irene shifted much closer "Why can't two broken souls be together? Aren't they meant for each other?"

Jisoo stopped breathing for a while. Why? She asked herself too. Why can't they just be happy together?

Assurance. Maybe.

"Why won't you believe me Jisoo. You may not feel me during those times, but I have loved you"

Jisoo slowly looked down, Irene was trembling, and after a little while, the girl started sobbing.

Jisoo caressed Irene's head gently "Shh.." she kissed the top of the girl's head and waited until the body calmed down. Irene was finally asleep.

"I love you. I still love you" Jisoo whispered in cracked voice. Her tears continuously flowing. Clasping each precious second remaining.