Chapter 5: The Day Sirius Left

Monday 6th September 1971

Ascella had almost been left at home. Her father had, because apparently work was more important than saying goodbye to his soon, whom he wouldn't see for months. It had taken all three Black siblings whining and complaining to get Walburga to agree with bringing them along. They had gotten a lecture about appearances and such, but Ascella was at King's Cross and she counted that as a win. 

"Now run at the wall between the platforms, Sirius first then Regulus then Ascella, and I shall follow." Walburga rasped, her voice harsher than usual.
"Run at the wall!" Regulus mumbled, his little legs quavering.
"Yes. Don't be weak, Regulus."

Sirius, on the other hand, was not one to take precautions -Ascella usually had to do that for him. He ran straight into the wall and, to his siblings' surprise, disappeared as though the wall simply wasn't there. Regulus had now built up the confidence to follow his brother and let out a small yelp before he disappeared through the wall. Ascella wasn't about to be left alone with her mother and she ran through the wall, considerably slower than her brothers. She remembered what her mother had said about being ladylike, and apparently ladies don't run, especially not head first into walls.

Once she was through the wall, Ascella gasped. A large scarlet steam train was in the station, golden lettering emblazoned on the side: THE HOGWARTS EXPRESS. She really wished she was going to Hogwarts with Sirius. 
"Children!" Walburga barked, "Come here."
They ran over to their mother, who straightened Sirius' cloak and began another lecture.

"Now, Sirius, Bellatrix graduated two years ago and Narcissa is in her fifth year, studying for her OWLs. This means you are representing the Noble House of Black and I trust you will not disappoint. You shall be a Slytherin, don't let that musty old hat tell you otherwise. And do not make friends with anyone unless they are part of the Sacred 28. Not any blood traitors like the McKinnons or the Potters either. Understood?"

Sirius nodded his head, his gaze fixed on his shoes. 
"Look at me when I'm speaking to you!" Walburga demanded. Sirius' head snapped up and he met his mother's eyes.
"I understand, Mother."
"Watch your tone. It's almost eleven. Say your goodbyes."

Regulus wrapped his arms around Sirius, burying his face in his older brother's chest. Sirius patted him on the back.
"I'll miss you, Reggie." Regulus pulled away, sniffling. Sirius ruffled his little brother's hair and turned his attention to Ascella. They looked at each other for a few seconds before embracing each other. 
"Don't forget about me, Sirius. Don't you dare." Her voice was muffled by Sirius' hair.
"As if I could, Cella. Nobody at Hogwarts could come close to you and Reg."

They pulled away or rather Walburga pulled them apart, muttering about 'appearances' yet again. Sirius picked up his case and walked onto the train. A minute or so later, he appeared in a window waving frantically at them, until he met Walburga's eye and disappeared again. 

"Now let's go back home." Walburga instructed.