6.Home Sweet Home

Nurhi's P.O.V

"Ma'am,wake up.Your luggage is in your room,"a female voice wakes me."Follow me, I'll show you to your room."

I look at the direction of the voice.
It belongs to a house manager,i guess.She is walking away from the car.I unbuckle my seat belt and walk out of the car,unwillingly slamming the door.She looks back in disgust and i can clearly tell from the deep scar on her forehead,she is of no joke.

I look ahead to the house i am entering.
It looks amazing but nothing like my foster home in. It is simple, just simple.

Inside the house is no different.The warmth of the house welcomes me.I find myself smiling at the thought of feeling this warmth daily.

But then i remember the teacher's face and freeze.
What's his name again?That one.

"Ma'am,this way please,"the lady with a scar tells me.

I follow her upstairs and we come to a black door.The only black door.She opens and lets me in. It is just.....black.

"Feel at home."She leaves.

I close the door behind me.

I love this.They say black is beauty. For me black is just therapeutic. It relieves my negative emotions i guess. On a serious note, i love black.

"Hey beauty, it's been long."

I turn towards a doorway that is leading to i-don't-know-where.I smile.A genuine smile.

"Do you like the room?"

I nod.

"I made it black to at least to make you comfortable. You'll be just fine,ring me if you need anything. I brought all your stuff with me.It will be well."

I feel tears burning my eyes. I missed this creature. He makes my whole world have some sense of love.
Transey Calsine is his name. He is my foster brother and the only friend i have after Eli.

"I'm afraid of everything. I'm not sure i should trust this guy. I don't even like this guy..."

"You don't have to like me, I'm doing my job."

oops!

I turn from facing Calsine to facing a muscular body that is quite familiar by now.I feel my cheeks flashing red. He
was not supposed to hear that. On the brighter side,at least he knows that i don't like him.

"Calsy,she needs to rest.You can come back another time,"he says.

I resist the urge of looking at Calsine
rolling his eyes. Calsy is the last name he wants to hear anyone calling him. He hugs me from behind and kisses my temple. He then whispers in my ears to remember calling him. And just like that,he leaves. I'm left facing my new teacher,my new housemate,my new 'parent'...

I walk to the bed and sit,taking in my new environment. And all this while he is looking.

Ira's P.O.V

I wonder how people look quite alike and both have to be dragged in my mess. I walk out of the room with Shayne's look alike. There is a lot i may end up doing by having just a look at that girl.

It doesn't matter that she doesn't like me. It's not that i like her either. As long as my dad is proud of me then I'm good...maybe.

I walk to the kitchen to find Maria,the house manager,preparing dinner.
"Maria I'll be out for sometime,Make sure the girl is okay."I then leave .All i need right now is some relief of some steam building up in me.
I do not want images of my past haunting me. I have made mistakes...plenty,but isn't man bound to mistakes? I'm not one hell of a christian but i know of the 'first parents'.
Putting myself in their shoes,who would not want to taste that enticing fruit?I imagine it being quite colourful and really ripe. I would also do the same thing.

Like you did with Shayne.

Stop it. Just stop. All i need right now is thinking of some gender that made us sin. They always make us sin anyways.
They have a way. Always.

My driver gets me out of my trance. He knows where to take me to calm down. Soo Haven.One hell of a peaceful place. I walk in the woodlot and find a seat by the corner of the haven. I start reflecting on my future.But I don't see any.

All you need is Shayne.

Oh no!I need  to see my therapist really quick. She says i need to open much more or depression will kick in but who will i open to now? My dad?

Hell no! But if you need a death warrant i think you should.

My mom?

I know she is all caring but opening up to her is like opening up to dad indirectly.So...no.

I look at a small girl playing with her big brother. She hides behind one tree after the boy closes his eyes. He opens his eyes and starts looking round the trees.Is this what is called hide-and-seek?

No idea.

I thought you knew everything.

Never have your children homeschooled
.
Noted.

If only i had a sibling.
If only my parents took time in raising me.
If only they were a little selfless.
If only.
If only.

Maybe you would not have met Shayne.

Maybe.
Just maybe.

It was already dusk by then and i called Luke,my driver, to take me home. My quality time was not well spent.

★★★★★★★★★

Hello my loves,this is it. It's been quite long since i wrote another chapter but school is school and especially boarding school🙄.
On the brighter side,this is my final year so maybe I'll update more often next year 😂.
Currently, I'm under a bet with @_honeyitsme of updating as many chapters as possible before i go back to school (I see myself losing), i hope it works.

Please don't forget to vote😢.

With love,
M7Lenah 💕.

Behind The Lashesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें