forty-five

"Is this our first date?" I ask out of the blue, adjusting myself on the cool mental chair of the little Chinese restaurant Harry and I chose. It was quiet, practically empty and I don't think anyone knows who he is.

In fact, I don't know if anyone in this restaurant spoke English.

"Fuck, I guess it is. We've been dating for a while and I've never gotten to take you out somewhere nice, I'm sorry baby. I'll make it up to you I promise," He pouts at me.

"You took me to that club," I interject and he sighs.

"That was a work thing, besides, we weren't together yet. But it's different now I mean, We're together and it's just... I'm already shit at this,  I can't even take you out to the best places without having to hide,"

"I don't need you to take me to fancy places, and I completely understand why we have to be in hiding all the time. It doesn't matter to me,"

"Are we together together?" I asked, the silence was stretched out way too long as I bite the bullet about our relationship. "I mean, I really love spending time with you and I want you here with me, like all the time. We officially live together but we haven't really talked about a label for each other... other than last month but.." I trail off, not knowing how to put it.

I mean I couldn't just say, Hey I really love you can I be your girlfriend and maybe fuck your brains out in the bathroom right now.

...Don't judge me I'm really hormonal today.

"What are you trying to say, Olive?"

"Are we like, boyfriend and girlfriend?" I wince at how juvenile that sounded. "Because I really like you, and I really want to do all these things with you and be the only one doing them with you. And I don't know if you want to call me your girlfriend, since it sounds way too forward but y'know I just worry,  I mean I'd like to think I was special enough to be your girlfriend but we don't have to label it"

"Now where did you get the idea that you weren't special enough to me?" He smiles, "I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm absolutely crazy for you, and I've got an entire album to prove it. I'd love to be your boyfriend if that's what you were asking me." He smiles.

"Great, I'd love to be your girlfriend too," I say back to him and he laughs.

"...So," I say awkwardly, "What do we do now..boyfriend," I say awkwardly.

"I dunno," he pauses, making me smile. "I didn't honestly think this far into everything," I burst out in cackles.

"Fair point, me neither. I honestly didn't think we'd even get to this. I always thought we would always end up just friends, and I used to cry about it all the time. It was kinda sad," he looks at me soft-eyed as he leans back into his chair, a lopsided grin creeping into his features.

"I'd have to disagree with you there, wholeheartedly." he grins, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Oh yeah? And why is that?" I raise a brow at him, smiling.

"Do you know why I call you Olive?"

I blink at his words, "what?"

"Do up know why I call you Olive?" he repeats his question, dead serious. I furrow my brows as my mouth parts in shock, no words coming out of it.

"Harry... I'm not that dumb--" I stutter, confused with where he was going with this.

"Oh yeah? Why do I call you Olive then?" he cocks a brow at me and I laugh in disbelief.

"Olive? Olivia? I kinda always just assumed you shortened it." I say.

"Nope," he pops the p, "You're not even close to why I call you that. You're so dense," he grins.