"Can always get a new one." He was about to speak when someone walked into the diner, signalling the bell above the door. I raised an eyebrow at him, wanting this to be over with. 

"Maeve, what a pleasant surprise you're here." Lucian says, sitting down next to me. Alec looked at him then at me. "Who are you? I have never met you before."

"Why are you here?" I ask, looking at Lucian. I then looked at the family that decided to follow me. 

"I'm Lucian. You are?" 

"None of your business." Alec says, glancing at him. 

"Well, we're gonna have breakfast here."

"You mean lunch?"

"Yes, I keep forgetting it's in the afternoon." Atticus says, sitting in the booth behind me. The others either sit in the booth behind me or sit behind Alec in that booth. Lucian gets out of the booth before setting behind Alec. Killian directly sat behind me. I let out a breath.

"They won't leave so whatever you have to say, should do it now and not wait it out." Alec nods, before grabbing a flash drive from his pocket. I grabbed my computer, placing it on the table. I powered it on before plugging the flash drive into it. I looked at all the files then looked at Alec. 

"Code names. I wasn't able to open them. Some sort of password but I know you can. It's everything from her computer." I nod, taking the flash drive out. I turned the computer off, putting it back in my bag. "I heard the news about her. Are you going?"

"No. I don't do funerals. You know this." He nods, before looking at something behind me. I didn't turn around knowing that Killian was giving him a death stare. I grabbed the envelope out of my purse and slid it over to him. I watched as he opened it, his eyes going huge.

"That's a lot more than you promised."

"Oh well." He looked at me, before letting out a breath. 

"The scars are still there. They didn't heal properly." 

"You saw him?" 

"It was an accident. I was at her apartment and he came by. I hid considering she told me to. He's not the same person he was all those years ago, Maeve. He has power again and he won't be afraid to use it."

"I'm aware."

"Eve, you have to start talking to Ryder again." 

"No." 

"He's coming into town in a few days. Just please, talk to him. You have to talk to Cassian too."

"I'm on speaking terms with Cassian."

"I know you are-"

"What about my brother?" Killian asks, turning his full attention to us. 

"Don't make a scene." I whispered, looking at him. "Please." 

"We're talking later." I nod, before looking back at Alec. 

"Belle is also coming to town."

"Why is everybody coming to town?"

"I asked them too. You aren't doing this by yourself like you did all those years ago, Maeve. You have two kids to think about. Sure, Malcolm was alive then but he isn't now. Those kids will be orphans if you do this all by yourself. You have help and I know you hate asking for help but right now, nobody is about to listen to you." 

"Fine." I mumbled, crossing my arms. 

"I'll see you later, no?" I nod, not looking at him. "Just think about meeting with them. You know you want to." 

"I'll talk to you later." He sighs, getting out of the booth. 

"Bye Maeve. Nice meeting you all even though this could have gone a bit better but I get it, mafia family." He left before anybody could say anything else. Angel and Damien got into the booth. Damien sat on the other side while Angel sat next to me. I grabbed onto her hand, lacing our fingers together. 

"You alright?" She asks, looking at me. I shake my head. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"Not really." 

"Okay. We're here for you, Maeve. You can come to any of us to talk." I nod, leaning my head on her shoulder. 

"Come on, let's go home so you can take that nap you said you would take." Axel says, making me sigh. I grabbed my bag and got out of the booth behind Angel. I laced my arm with Killian's, leaning my head onto his shoulder. 

"Want me to carry you?" I shake my head.

"Once we get to the mansion you can." I whispered, getting into the backseat of Lucian's car. He sat down next to me, so I can keep putting my head on his shoulder. I don't remember falling asleep but I did. 

--

I put a pair of sweatpants on and a t-shirt before making my way downstairs. My hair was still wet from my shower but I could have cared less. Was the least of my problems. 

I walked into the living room where everybody else was including Cassian. He glanced at me before sighing. Everybody looked at me. 

"We've put it off long enough, Maeve. We need to talk about everything that's happening." Axel says, a frown on his face. 

"I have work to get to. I'm alright with not hearing whatever you guys have to talk about." Vanessa says, standing up. She kissed my cheek before leaving. I let out a breath, before sitting down on one of the couches. 

"Where do you want me to start?" I ask, curious. 

~

Not me trying to update as much as possible before going on vacation. I won't be able to update in that week. 

Hope you like that update! Next one should be in a couple of days.