09 | ʀᴇɢʀᴇᴛ ᴜɴᴛᴏʟᴅ

Start from the beginning

She hated this feeling with a burning passion.

Her breath hitched as she remembered the look of betrayal on Levi's face earlier. Gritting her teeth, she cupped the sides of her head with her hands, as if trying to muffle out an unbearable noise.

But whether she's feeling this way or not (in a parallel universe), there's no going back now. It was true - that Luna had figured it out when Lovof spoke to Furlan, Levi, and Isabel that day. Though, it was more like she had eavesdropped on their conversation.

...

She was walking back to the Scout Regiment's base that day. She had just finished her day at the medical building in Wall Sina. She noticed a suspicious yet familiar chariot by the entrance of the underground and decided to listen to the conversation.

'Insect Breathing: Chameleon's Cover'

Luna jumped high up from the ground and landed on the lamppost, rendering herself invisible to the human eye. "Who the hell are you?" A voice from the underground questioned, he seemed to have pitch-black hair. Beside him are two other individuals, one female brunette whose hair was tied into pigtails, and a tall blonde.

"It's understandable that you're wary of me. But you'll learn it's okay to trust me." The male's voice spoke. Luna's eyes widened in both shock and fear. That voice. That oddly irritating familiar voice echoed through her ears. A chill ran down her spine and the beating of her heart quickened. She gulped. Her hand formed into a tight fist, almost having her fingernails dig deep into her skin.

'Nicholas Lovof, you know about Erwin's plans, don't you?

Can't wait to see that son of a bitch rot in jail. I won't let him escape this time.'

'Justice will be served.'

"How could we?" The tall blonde quizzed.

"The fact that I am here says everything. I'm at great risk just by being here. Have you received the deposits already?" Lovof asked the three. The raven-haired male narrowed his eyes at the Lovof, "I don't know how things work on top, but in our world, it's called taking a hostage."

"That's just a contingency plan we laid in place. When you have successfully completed the job, you won't only be getting a huge sum of money... But also citizenship on the surface." He continued on, shocking the three people from Underground, and so was Luna.

She clenched her jaw as she fought herself from the temptation to face that bastard and murder him in plain sight. 'Damn him! He's got his victims wrapped around his finger.' She jumped down and quickly made her way back to their base to inform Erwin and the other scouts.

...

Luna had finally finished her bath and wore a new set of clean clothes. She fixed her hair and styled it into her usual bun with her bangs on the side of her head. She took deep breaths and sighed, keeping her emotions secure. She curved her lips up into a smile and opened her door, leaving her quarters to head over to the infirmary to meet with Hange.

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

Luna made her way to the clinic, receiving smiles and greetings from other scouts, to which she returned. She entered the room, spotting Hange who was still currently wrapping bandages on the other injured scouts.

They turned towards the door, spotting Luna. "Do you mind if I give you a hand?" Luna questioned, smiling at her friend. Hange shook their head and smiled back, "Not at all! The more the merrier and the faster I get to finish this."