Chapter 18: You Guys Have Both Lost a Mother And I Feel Like She Gets You More

Start from the beginning

"Okay Luke! See you in the morning?"

He smiled the cute smile he normally did, "Definitely."

Back To Y/N's POV:

Alex looked at me, "So what did you get from that?"

"I got that Luke doesn't like Julie as much as someone else. I also gathered that you used to live in that house and at some point you guys were a couple?"

"All of those things are right, anything else?"

"That's about it..."

"Okay, let me tell you another story, from the night we were at the coffee house..."

Alex's POV (again):

After we had finished performing it was time for Y/N to sing. The announcer called her up and she looked very nervous, but then Reggie yelled over everyone and Luke gave him a glare she calmed. Weird, I thought.

I looked around the small café, there were a total of three guys staring her and Dirty Candy was glaring at her. Those three guys were Jacob, Reggie and Luke. I find this strange, because he never seemed to like her until after the dance.

When Y/N was done playing we poofed to the back so nobody could see her and Julie talking to us. When Reggie once again screamed over the crowd, Luke sent him a glare again. I stared at him, when his eyes met mine, he instantly looked away.

Y/N was hugging Julie and Flynn. They came over towards us. They were talking and then Luke pointed out a manager. She came over, introduced herself, but when she got to Julie, her dad busted her. She walked away and Andi said something to Y/N.

She turned to us and crossed her arms, "Do any of you think I should join the band?"

"Well I think you're amazing, but I'm biased," Reggie smiled at her.

"No you aren't. I heard her in the garage today... she's got a killer voice," Luke was smiling and Reggie shot him a quick look. She was focused on me, so she didn't see.

"I agree."

Luke clapped his hands, "Then all votes are in!"

"Um, no... you need Julie's vote."

I sighed, "Well she may not even be in the band after her dad busts her."

She looked at me, "No... I don't see Ray doing that to her. Music means too much to her."

Luke scratched the back of his neck, "I agree. If playing music reminds Julie of her mom, then I don't think her dad will rip us away."

I leaned closer to her but I still said, "I told you that you guys were like the same person," loud enough for Luke to hear. Reggie shot me a confused look.

"Yeah yeah whatever," she yawned. "Guys, I'm pretty tired... I think I'm gonna go home." She turned to walk away and then she realized something, "Reg, are you coming by later?"

"I wasn't going to unless you asked," he scratched the back of his neck. "Your house is your safe place... I don't want to be there unless you want me."

She walks over to him and puts her arms around his waist, "Well... that's where your wrong. You are my safe place."

I nearly shrieked, "That's so cute!"

Luke rolled his eyes, "Barf."

I just looked at him with a seriously? face.

She rolled her eyes too, "See ya in an hour?"

Reggie smiled, "Yep!" And then he gave her a quick peck on the lips.

She turned and walked away, I grabbed Luke's shoulder and he was trembling. "Uh Reg, I think I'm going to take Luke on a walk to get him some fresh air."

Reggie looked at us, "Okie dokie!"

I teleported to the beach where Luke and I had our first date. Almost as soon as we got there he dropped in the sand and put his head in his hands. "Luke... what's going on? I know you want to close me out of your afterlife, but we're all here together. You need to tell me what's bothering you."

He looked up at me with tear-stained cheeks and sniffled, "I feel like I'm going to punch a wall every time they show physical affection."

It suddenly hit me, Luke doesn't like me and he'd never like Reggie, but I kept my mouth shut because I'm not sure. "Why? You don't have to tell me, but I'd like to know."

He didn't say anything. He just stood up and hugged me. I embraced the hug, we hadn't done this in a long time.