Chapter 22: Eavesdropping

Start from the beginning

He didn't respond and instead motioned for me to follow him back. I didn't want to but decided to follow while skating sadly. As we walked I noticed a green streak in the distance running farther and deducted it was Octane.

I looked forward and we kept going till we got to the ship. The others were still fighting so since I was done I sat in a chair beside Crypto and held my knees to my chest leaning on the chair.

I then felt him put his massive coat on me. I glanced at him as he sat down and kept typing. I smiled because he reminds me of Ares.

I closed my eyes after removing my shoes and just relaxed. I'm still kinda tired from this morning, and that workout made me even more tired.

-a bit later-

I woke up and remembered where I was. I sat up nuzzling the coat and saw that we had just taken off. Still kinda tired I yawned and looked to see Crypto sitting back with his eyes closed.

I looked to the side and saw the plate. It had a little cover on it but it had some cookies. I grabbed one and nibbled on it laying back down.

I than froze when I heard walking. Robot walking. I sighed and hid under the large coat eating my cookie. I then felt the chair being turned and pushed.

Through some of the holes I saw green lights and just chewed. Then the coat was taken off. I didn't bother looking and finished my cookie.

"Catalina.." he called. "Don't call me that Octane. You lost that right earlier." I said as I closed my eyes and just laid there hugging myself.

"I'm sorry." He said. I felt him grab my hand and hold it. I glanced and saw him in his chair hunched over holding my hand to his forehead.

"I didn't mean to hurt you." He said not looking up at me. I didn't respond and instead just watched him than closed my eyes.

I don't want to forgive him. I didn't even want to tell him about my past. Yesterday, I felt like I told him a lot and I hardly spilled a single thing.

"Please answer me." He said. I looked at him and saw he was filthy. He was covered in sweat and dirt. He must have been searching for a while.

"I might have told you eventually. But something like that....it carved a scar so deep I don't even know where it is anymore." I said as I pulled my hand away and ran it through his hair.

"I don't trust you." I said as he looked up at me. He was crying a little. "You have to earn it back, over time of course. I understand if you accidentally walked in on me talking to Mrs. Paquette, but you stood there for a while...didn't you?" I asked as I took my hand back and held my knees looking at him curiously.

He sat up holding his hands in his lap, and was looking to the side. He than nodded. I sighed and set my feet down reaching over to him. He watched as I grabbed his face and ran my thumbs under his eyes whipping the little tears he had.

"I'm sorry I ran away and you had to run all over Olympus to find me. I was angry, and I still am." I said retracting my hands and leaning back. I glanced around and saw some of the legends napping and others on there phones, or just chatting quietly.

Octane had taken me to his little set up and I was at the corner with him blocking the doorway. "I don't expect you to forgive me hermosa. Just know I'm sorry, and when your ready, I'll be here. Just please give me a second chance. I'll earn your trust back and we can talk.." he said as he looked up at me and grabbed my hands tightly holding them.

I sighed and looked at our hands. "Lifeline was right, you really are an idiot. But your determined, and that's better than nothing." I said running my thumb over his hand.

"Anyway, I'm kinda tired. So I would like to eat the rest of the cookies and finish my nap." I said as I glanced at Crypto.

He chuckled a little and stood up walking over to Cryptos station. I stood as well and grabbed his jacket walking over to him. Standing in front of him, I put the coat on and made sure he wasn't cold.

I noticed Octane staring and glanced at him. "Would hate for him to catch a cold after helping me." I said as I went back to the station with Octane behind me.

I sat down and Octane set the cookies down beside me. He than reached into a drawer and took out a large grey hoodie.

He sat down and handed it to me. I grabbed it and felt myself want to smile but I was preventing it. "Thank you." I said as I held it and looked at it.

It had a cartoon character. I felt myself laugh alittle and hid it but he saw and rubbed his neck. "It's comfy." He said as he turned to play his game.

"No, no, it's just, my siblings watch this show. It's kinda childish." I said as I put the hoodie on. It was big. Smiling I put my knees inside and adjusted myself.

"Look who's talking." He commented. I looked up at him and saw him covering his mouth looking to the side.

I mimicked him and blew a raspberry than laid on my side closing my eyes getting comfy. "Don't worry hermosa. I promise I will make it up to you, gain back your trust, and keep calling you that beautiful name I love to say." I heard him declare.

I than felt him run his fingers through my hair, grab the hood, and put it over me. "Sweat dreams chika." He said and turned to his game.

"Thanks Octavio." I said nuzzling the hoodie and dozing off.