Chapter Six

Gena sat next to me silent tears rolled down her  face. I stared at the familiar face, and prayed something good  was going to  come out of his mouth. My mother had to of had time to invoke a protection charm, right?

Captain Mallack entered again, and  he didn't hide his emotions well. 

Gena gasped, "no."

"I, Corporal J. Jail, along side Captain Malloack, upon inspecting the wreckage have found, and  named the ships captain, along with its crew. No survivors. The ships passengers, our high King Liam, and our esteemed Queen Cassandra have been found, and  identified. Neither survived. We pray the almighty  welcomes them open arms."  

I choked, and Gena grabbed onto me. She sobbed into me, and I couldn't do anything. I couldn't cry, I couldn't scream, I was numb. 

I stood there my  mind racing.  Why now? I was so close to heading off to school. My mother and I had so many plans over the summer. My father was going to let me sit in on a strategy meeting next week. 

"Gena, lets go upstairs," I started to lead her up the steps. 

She was in hysterics as her body  shook with her sobs. 

"Princess Analise!" another messenger came running down the halls. "M'lady, this came for you yesterday, I am so sorry it didn't get delivered to you."

A smile escaped my lips, I finally got a letter, tears started to stream my face at the over whelming amount of emotion. 

Who else would write to me? He was coming home. He was gonna tell me everything was going to be okay. 

I ripped the letter open, and instantly regretted it.

"No," was all I could say over and over again.

"What does it say Ana," Gena said shakily. 

To whom it may concern,

The ally between the Cavalite kingdoms is known through out the land. Two letters have been sent out to show the gratitude, and bravery of the young Prince Alexander. It is my deepest regret to inform you the loss of life to the young Prince Alexander of the Eastern Cavalite Kingdom. Ambushes have been become more and more often, and the boys were not prepared. Please be safe out there while the grand council continues to sort through this mess, and everyone is safe again. Again I express my deepest condolences.

Captain Shepard

Blue Mountain Captain in Command

I didn't feel human anymore. I didn't feel anything. I was completely gone. I stared into space trying to make sense of the words as Gena sobbed on my shoulder. Everything built up brick by brick. The ship explosion, the letter, the loss of life. I was not capable of this much grief. I slowly walked up the stairs, I needed to get away from everyone. I didn't want to talk, I was incapable of a voice right now. 

This is impossible.

Gena followed me, trying to get me to talk. She kept tapping on me, and asking questions.

I exploded on her, "Gena stop! Get off of me!" I shoved the letter at her. "The only person in the world I care about is gone! My soul mate is gone!"

The tears started rolling down my face like a waterfall, and I ran down the hall to my room.

The second I burst through the door I headed for the toilet. My body shook as vomit violently filled the bowl.

When it was over I had nothing left to give not from my stomach not from my soul. The tears streamed down my face, there was no way this was real.