2012!💜🐢||I Love Being a Turtle!

Angst!DonniexReader

Angst!DonniexReader

________

Donatello hummed in delight as he took another bite out of his watermelon-strawberry-raspberry popsicle. He took his time chewing and enjoying the sweet and savory flavours of fresh fruits in his mouth.

Although he still loves the taste of pizza, he's glad that he is able to eat something else other than greasy fast food takeouts. His diet now consists of seafood, vegetables as well as other  fruits and berries. All fresh, sweet and juicy just for him!

It wasn't everyday that someone like him gets to have a treat with food like this. Then again, it isn't everyday that something like him in general exists anyway. Donatello caught his reflection in the glass wall as he took another bite of his popsicle. His own turtle reflection staring back right at him.

Yep. Everyone's favorite ninja genius is now currently a turtle.

Well uh---of course, he had always been one! But the difference now is that he is no longer mutated.

That's right. Gone was the 5'10, Bo staff wielding, tech-savvy, highly intelligent, purple ninja turtle that everyone knew. Instead he was just a regular looking box turtle(or slider? I'm not sure what they are in 2012 ver). Slightly bigger than a palm of a hand, inside his very own turtle tank. It wasn't that bad of a tank either. It was considerably large in fact. It has plant life growing at the bottom if he wanted a snack. Underwater cave that is also connected to another cave above, just perched on the basking island with a heat lamp---heck it even has it's own gentle waterfall and slide right next to the water conditioner! How many turtles do you know that have their own waterfall and water slide? Just one look at him and anyone can tell how invested his owner was with him.

But how did he end up here in the first place?

It happened during one fateful night when April and Casey made themselves official to the brothers. Everyone was a bit startled. They already knew what was going to happen from a mile away but still, facing it as a reality was a shock. They awkwardly congratulated the couple, save for an overly excited Mikey, spending the night with their good ol' pizza to celebrate, happy for their friends being together.

But it never masked the looming sorrow coming from Donnie's laboratory.

Donnie remembered how happy he had been the moment he heard her voice coming inside the lair. He remembered how excited he was to show April his new invention, one he made especially just for her. He also remembered how he leaned his shell against the door clutching his gift close to his plastron when the news reached his hearing range. He remembered how his eyes stung with tears when he felt the first of the many stabbing pain in his chest when those horrible words left her sweet lips. He remembered how his legs slowly gave in to his weight as he slid down the floor. How it hurts and how he wanted to crawl away from the door to avoid hearing any more of the happy couple. But he was too weak to even breathe properly.