5. Yashiro Nene

A/N: It's been almost two years..! I know! I was much more active in Tik Tok than here! I was kinda working on the same project, but trying to explain y/n's past to make her  at least fit into the story.

2023: The anime is given another chance and will stay true to the manga. I can't wait!I remember when I first start this book, I've finished the half baked version of the anime then read the manga to be informed. Maybe then, when the anime starts again while I write, I'll be properly motivated.

2024: Made more edit and had the drive to write this chapter again.

Under the dark skies, a waxing crescent, and several butterflies surveilled the area. Restlessness can be felt. Not from you entirely, of course.

 Humming a lullaby brought up from childhood, [name], sat herself, on patch of grass, her wings let out, and her key to her side, seated between two headstones, occupying herself with her own song.

She was currently at her town's local gravesite, the one of many owned by the clan.

As of tonight, she was currently on her own, to deal with a problem that was reported to her family countless times, and to be resolve. Granted complete access to the area. There was no sign of life whatsoever, just her surrounded by  50,000 graves on site.

Since she was currently at work, she was dressed in he own traditional clothing with her own added twist, a short black kimono-style dress with chrysanthemum flower hair accessory, a skirt belt under her chest and dirtied calf-length boots, covered in mud from your earliest activity.

Eyes half-lidded, you waited for the all so "terrifying" supernatural who has caused a nuisance to your neighbourhood.

You kept an eye out, for voices, shadows, anything to indicate that there was life-or living dead-lingering around. You searched for any roaming spirits around the graveyard, hoping to avenge their death or something interesting

The graveyard had a long history of associations with troublesome spirits. 

The hairs on the back of your neck stood up, the cold travelling down your back.  Peeking up behind her, seeing a hollow form stood right behind her.

"It was getting awfully quiet, " The dead let out an uproar, and you jumped away for good aim. "I'm glad you came.

[name] dark wings pulled her up from the ground, with a strong gust of wind, escaping the grasp of the supernatural. 

She hovers above the gravesite, thinking of her course of action, her lower body follows her head, diving down to the destructive monster

In her journey down, an arrow of black mist manifests on the bowstring, one finger above it, two below it.

You brought your arms back together, your point of view from the skies.

Your [dominant] hand drives back all the way, stretched, releasing the force, the arrow multiplies mid-flight and several shoot down the supernatural. 

"There you go." The form of the supernatural turns deep black, before it sinks into the grass ground, disappearing out of her sight, you looked over the quiet landscape again, the atmosphere lighter than before.

"Hopefully there was only one of them tonight, and not terrorizing any lost souls." You counted down to the hours in which you were allowed back home from patrol.

[name] was an angel of death by night, and a student by day.

The following day, by afternoon, you walked along the halls, in your high school uniform, your arrow taking key form, hanging from your neck.