Magnet Finale

Before this begins, I want to give a rundown on what was supposed to happen: Jade and Alex were going out together secretly, were caught by Jax and Sora who were doing the same thing, agreed to help each other if they were in a bind and to not tell anyone about anything. Then Alex told Levi about what's been going on with her and Jade, and after some arguing, Levi chose to keep it a secret. Later on, Zach would catch Alex and Jade, causing the kingdom to go crazy looking for them as they hid in the woods.

They considered dying but chose to keep fighting for survival. That's when Jax, Sora, Levi, and Luca bound together to help Jade and Alex escape, and also take Jax and Sora to a safe haven as well. After some close calls, they made it into the fairy world, traveled deep in the mystical woods, and discovered an old abandoned cottage, along with a cave. Jax and Sora moved to the cave, Alex and Jade moved to the cottage and fixed it up. Alex and Jade then got married, Luca marrying them.

The final chapter is about Alex and Jade living out in this cottage, living the married life, and being happy forever and after.

...

Alex was baking a pie, grabbing ingredients, mashing and mixing them, and putting them into the pie. She took the pan and placed it into the oven to let it bake. She wiped the sweat from her brow as she turned and went outside to see her wife feeding the animals.

Alex smiled, grabbing a watering can from the back, and began to water the flowers she was growing, there was a variety, but mainly, there grew lilies and violets. She's always connected to them, and despite everything, she still couldn't figure out why. Not that it was important, she's happily married to the woman who made her feel whole, and that's what mattered.

"Hey, Alex!" A familiar voice cheered, Alex felt a pair of arms wrap around from behind her, resting their chin on her shoulder. Alex giggled, "What is it, Jade?" she asked, leaning her head onto Jade's.

"I made you something," Jade states, letting Alex go. She was a little surprised, Jade secretly made her something? It wasn't rare to make each other a gift, but if they're making something, they let the other know in the process of making it.

Alex turned around and gasped, around Jade's shoulder rested a garland of violets as she was handing another garland to Alex. Alex slowly took it and wrapped it around her shoulders. "It's perfect!" Alex cried happily, going over to hug Jade.

Jade kissed the top of Alex's head and rubbed her back. She loved seeing her wife happy. She always did, and through these past few months of bliss, it's brought her more joy than she could describe.

Alex leaned away from the hug, keeping her arms around Jade as she stared into the fairy's eyes. The two looked at each other until Alex went forward and kissed Jade.

Jade kissed back gleefully, feeling the other smile beneath her lips. How lucky was she that the woman she fell for would be so adorable? Holding her close, it was heavenly.

Even if their love truly was chance, a mistake of fate even, it felt like so much more. An error of the universe, but she could never feel more correct. In some other world, in a world with an error like this, Jade got the feeling that things didn't go so well.

Almost as if the stars fell and struck them down, or maybe they were the stars. When she sees a shooting star, is that her from another world, zooming across the sky congratulating her?

Maybe fortune was on their side.

The two separated from their kiss and embraced one more time before letting go. "It's beautiful, Jade. Thank you," Alex thanks with a soft smile, grabbing onto the garland with happiness.

"Of course," Jade replied, that soft smile melting her heart into a puddle. This was the best thing that's ever happened to her, she couldn't come up with anything that brought her more joy than this. The timer Alex set outside with her binged, causing both girls to jolt in surprise.

"Oh! It's ready!" Alex cheered, running inside. Jade followed to see her leaning down, opening the oven, and pulling out a pie, wearing cute little mits to not burn herself. She put the pie on the counter, closing the oven.

She opened the window and set the pie down on its sill to cool off. "Making pie again?" Jade questioned, crossing her arms and smiling with amusement. Alex nods, "Yep!" she cheered, taking off the mits and putting her arms on her hips with pride.

Jade snickers, walking over and patting her on the head, "You're such a dork."

Alex rolled her eyes, beginning to clean up the kitchen, "I'm your dork, dummy," she replied, putting away the flour bag. The two giggled, "I'm going to go continue working with the animals. I love you."

Ah, that line. It melted her heart over and over again, it never got old. "I love you too," She called out as Jade went out the door. Hearing and experiencing this day-to-day was wondrous, she couldn't believe she scored so lucky.

Alex pulled out a cup from the cupboards and filled a teapot with water, putting it on the stove to boil. She grabbed some peppermint leaves and put them to the side. Once the water began to boil, she took it and poured it into the cup, putting the leaves in with it along with some honey and sugar. Soon, she had some peppermint-honey tea.

She took out a slice of pie, apple pie. Jade's second favorite next to grass pie.

She sat in a chair, putting the pie and tea next to her on a round end table. Next to her stood a bookshelf, filled with Alex's favorite books. And one she hadn't read yet, Sappho's Fables.

She picked it off the shelf and opened it, taking a sip of her tea as she began to read the tales Sappho put a spin on.

Happy endings are so cheesy yet feel so nice. This was a new kind of happy ending. One that isn't shown in any of the classic fairytale endings. Nobody ran off with a prince, nobody was saved by a man. They saved themselves, running away from the ending of running off with a prince. While many want that happy ending, it was the ending of sadness for Alex. She didn't get a prince in shining armor, she didn't want one. She got a lady with wings, one with beautiful raven black hair and lilies decorated in her hair. The one with vines surrounding her arms and a skirt made of leaves. Her now wife, and it was better than any prince could ever dream to be.

Perhaps one day the two can have peace in the future, no need to hide behind vines and trees, being open with their relationship in public without harm. A nice ideal, one that could come true with time, but that's the happiest ending they could dream of, but the one possible now was enough.

She loved her wife, her life. It was like the one she lived in back then was just a bad dream, one she woke up from to see Jade sleeping by her side. She still misses Levi and Luca and was sure Jade missed Charli and Light. But you've gotta let some things behind to start anew. At least she had Jax and Sora, who lived a few miles away in a cave they've transformed into a home.

This was her happy ending, their happy ending.