Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Julie got out of the car and walked to the front of her house. It wasn't anything special just a nice normal home with an almost normal family living in it. Her mom loved to do gardening so there were beautiful plants along the front and back yard. Julie's mom always stuck to a hobby once she started it. One time, she had gotten so into it that the amount of jewelry she made could have filled Julie's room.

Julie started walking to the door and opened it to see her moms beautiful paintings all along the walls, leading to the kitchen and living room. She quickly slipped off her shoes, walked towards the kitchen and grabbed an apple to eat. You know the phrase, ' An apple a day keeps the dentist away,' Julie didn't care much about the saying, she just loved apples. 

"Mom! I'm home!" she yelled after taking a bit from the apple.

"Okay sweetheart! Just come here because I need to tell you something," her mom said.

She had no doubt where her mom was. Ever since her mom had taken up art, Julie had began to improve as well.

Her dad had left when she was little so she never got to know him. Her mom took it a little hard but after a while she found out that having hobbies would take her mind off her cheating husband.

Julie loved her mom, but sometimes she felt that her mom was only taking up these hobbies to try and get rid of the memories of the man she once loved.

She snapped out of her thoughts and smiled when she caught sight of her favourite painting in her mother's art room. It was about the day all 3 of them had taken a trip to the beach when her dad had finally gotten a day off work. In the picture, she sat in her dad's lap as her mom just stared at the sky looking sad. The sky was filled with dark colours and even though both her and her dad were smiling, there was still sadness hidden beneath it. It was as though her mom was sad this happiness she felt for a short time was ending.

"Sweetheart?" her mom said in front of her dressed in an over sized shirt and shorts that was covered in paint. Julie began to laugh when she caught sight of her mom covered head to toe in paint. Her mom began to laugh as well but it slowly began to fade. She caught the look her mom was giving her and raised her eyebrows knowingly.

"Mom, what's wrong?" she asked.

"You might not like this but Mr. and Mrs. Adams are coming here today and they are going to bring their son for dinner," she said quickly.

"W-What! Blake's parents are coming over and they're bringing him too!" she said going into shock.

Oh gosh if he comes here he'll try to do something! Maybe I could make up a fake friend and tell my mom I'm going to her house, she thought frantically.

"Um- Mom, my friend Angie wanted me to come over today to uh study for a test," she lied.

Her mom didn't fall for it.

"Angie can join us for dinner as well if she likes," her mom said smiling.

"I-um," she stuttered.

Her mom smiled again and patted her on the shoulder.

"Honey, you'll be fine. I know he hurt you but you have to be strong and show him you aren't affected by him. Now, go get ready they are coming at 6 o'clock and it's already 4 o'clock."

"But mom! I am affected by him," she said.

"Then why don't you forgive him if you're still in love with him. Now go!" her mom yelled pushing  her out the door.

"I-I'm not in love with him. Am I?" she mumbled as she walked upstairs to her bedroom to get ready.

Oh how I wish my life would just end already! Why does everything have to be so confusing, she thought.