chapter seven

Harry's POV

         Ariana's hair smelled like lemon soap, my favorite. She hasn't changed a bit. That's what I loved about her. I stroked her long brown hair as I pressed my lips up against her ear. It was like nothing had ever changed, like we just hit pause for a little while. She didn't say anything as we say there but I saw dozens of expressions flash across her face like she was thinking hard or being stabbed by a cactus. I can't even remember why I ever ended it with her. She had been my best, even though she thought I had forgot about us, I never did, there wasn't a girl I was seeing in this apartment, I'd come to see her, and then I froze up and ruined the moment. I had to be the biggest idiot ever. But here we were like a big band aid. I hadn't expected her to come back to me so easily, in fact is come up with a million persuasions and unneeded comebacks. "How are you," I whispered gently. It seemed like a good question. "Fine I guess," she looked tired like an overused tire. "I'm great," I smiled kissing her hair softly. She turned holding my gaze with her eyes. They were nearly a reflection of my own but they had blue around the edges, which made them beautiful. I felt the soft skin of her fingers running over my skin leaving a trail of goose bumps in their wake. I wondered what she was thinking, the focused wrinkles above her perfectly shaped eyebrows had returned. I decided to voice my thoughts, "what're you thinking."  “I was wondering why you suddenly came back, what made this day any different than the rest?" "It wasn't," I raised her hands brushing my lips across them, “I’ve wanted to come back, I never knew how." She didn't respond instead she buried her face in my shirt like he was sleeping, which she might have been judging by the purple bruises under her eyes. I looked out to find the day had wiped away leaving the sky blemished with little spots of light. I started to rise to leave when she tugged me back, "stay." That's all I needed to hear. Picking her up like a baby I moved her to the bed, laying beside her. She turned over flicking the lights out yet I still couldn't take my eyes off her. She faced me, and with my eyes still readjusting to the light I tucked a lock of hair behind her ear. I could feel her smile under my hand. I closed my eyes smiling along with her because this was all I'd needed for  two long years.