What's Got You in a Mood...

Start from the beginning

"Lovebug? Is that you?" I heard Mum call out to me.

I closed my eyes, trying my hardest to compose myself. "Yeah. It's me Mum." I huffed out, making my way down the stairs. When she spotted me she pulled me into a tight embrace.

"Oh lovebug thank heavens you're ok. I didn't hear from you in so long I was starting to worry."

I sighed melting into her embrace, "I'm fine Mum. I promise."

She pulled back from the hug and held me at arms length studying me closely, noticing my apparent mood.

"Let's take a walk shall we?" She nodded to the back door.

"I...ah. Loki's upstairs." I looked back towards the hall.

"I'm sure he can manage to sit by himself for a little while." She laughed, pulling me towards the back door.

The heat of the evening air hit me as we stepped outside. Mum took my hand like she did when I had been little and we walked in silence down along the babbling river. Finally she stopped, content with her choice and sat down, patting the ground beside her, "Come on. Join me Lovebug."

Obligingly I sat down beside her, picking up a few stones from the ground and skipping them across the river's surface.

I heard Mum sigh beside me, "Alright out with it. Tell me, what's got you in a mood?"

I opened my mouth to speak. Then stopped, "I have ah...I guess I have a lot to fill you in on Mum. Your not going to like it but you deserve to know. Just promise me you wont freak out ok?" I said before chancing a look at her, feeling a knot grow in my stomach at the thought of telling her about being kidnapped.

She nodded, "Ok lovebug, I will try not to freak out."

With that I began telling her briefly what happened, leaving out the nitty gritty details of the torture. I trailed off as I reached us returning to Earth today. Keeping my eyes averted to the ground, I kicked it slightly with my shoes. Noticing my dress was now covered in dust from the dry earth below us.

"Ok. So...I'm tryin my hardest not to freak out but that still ain't explainin to me why your in such a mood now though does it? Or why Loki is still sittin in your room back in the house sulkin? I'm old but I ain't blind."

I sighed, "He doesn't want me going to Asgard to help them. But Mum that is ridiculous, the tree showed me there with them after the damn battle! So obviously I can help! I'm a good fighter, it's not just my powers. My skills will come in useful and he knows it, but he doesn't want me to get hurt, blah, blah..." I realised I sounded like a bratty teenager right about now, but honestly I didn't even care. "He doesn't understand that if he pisses off to Asgard, leaving me behind, well I run the risk of losing him too if something happens. As far as I'm concerned I would rather go down fighting alongside him as sitting at home tearing my hair out doing nothing. I love him too much to let him go into this alone Mum. I just wish he would let me help...but once he gets something in his head..."

"I can be stubborn and pigheaded." He cut me off.

I jumped at the sound of his voice behind me, my Mum on the other hand was smiling like a Cheshire Cat. Clearly pleased with her cunning little plan.

I turned my body around to look up at Loki, he smiled down gently at me. His eyes looking pleadingly at me. Quickly I pulled myself up off the ground and stood to face him. He closed the gap between us, planting a gentle kiss on my lips.

"I love you too Darling, and if it means that much to you...well...then there is no one I would rather have fighting by my side."

I smiled, throwing my arms around his torso, "Thank you."