The Devil's In The Details 𝟙/𝟚

Disclaimer: While Fyodor is portrayed as trash both here and in Bungou Stray Dogs, the actual real life Fyodor is an absolute king and I love his book. So yeah -- highly recommend if you like stories about ax wielding men justifying murder.

Consistently watched this while writing, feel free to listen as you read!

______________________________

Although the restaurant was only a short way from Chuuya's apartment, Tachihara still insisted on driving him there.

Something about it recently being renamed The Gravity Man and because of the resulting increase in popularity, it being a bit hard to find.

Honestly, Chuuya was very tempted to tell his subordinate to take that car of his and drive it off a cliff. But the last thing he needed was to kick start another troublesome chain of events so here he was.

"This is going to be great!" Tachihara cackled over the steering wheel.

If you asked Chuuya, Tachihara was perhaps one of the last people that should be allowed behind a gas pedal (Dazai, of course, being on top of that list) but he was so resigned to life a this point that he didn't do anything other than stay put in the passenger's seat with his hands folded in his lap.

"Is it now?" he said drily.

"Yep!" Tachihara said with a broad smirk, "Trust me, this guy is perfect for you, no doubt about it. He's tall and handsome and cunning...Man, if this all goes well you should let Mori back into the mafia as an executive! It was actually his idea to contact - oops haha! Nearly let it slip there!"

"Uh-huh."  

Right. One thing he had forgot to mention to Dazai was that while no one had said the name 'Fyodor' when telling him about this blind-date, it was painfully obvious who they were talking about. Despite dropping the words "Russian" and "dude-behind-cannibalism" the mafia was still acting as if this was all going to be one big surprise.

Chuuya supposed he should probably be grateful that this mysterious ability had dumbed everyone down a bit. If Fyodor really had been a surprise, well, Chuuya might have blown up the entire city and that would have been the end of that.

Fyodor. A blind date with Fyodor.

Yeah, this is going to go just swimmingly.

Because the restaurant really was that close by, it was only a matter of minutes until Tachihara pulled up at the curb. Chuuya glanced out the window, heart sinking a little. The place seemed so large...

He quickly cast that thought a side. No. If stupid Dazai was single handedly negotiating with the Guild right now, he could totally deal with this rat. All he had to do was smile and nod, right?

"Alrighty then, off you go, Chuuya." Tachihara said, popping open the lock.

"Mm," Chuuya said, readily opening the car door and stepping out.

"Good -- oh wait wait, aren't you forgetting something?"

Chuuya shot him a quizzical look.

Tachihara was still grinning like an idiot. Never a good sign. Without any warning, the mafioso reached into the glove compartment and inexplicably withdrew the hat Chuuya very clearly remembered leaving behind.

"Wha-" Chuuya snatched the hat from his subordinate and once and turned it over.  This was his alright, not even one of the cheap knock-offs that had been circulating around the mafia lately.