Strong enough - Part 1 - Tony Stark x ? x Reader

Ok, I will be the first to admit that I get inspiration from the strangest places, and this imagine is no different. I heard the Cher song "Strong Enough" again the other day, and this is what I came up with. And I wanted to include a mystery man. Just because I like to leave you all guessing, and I'm evil.😁 Please enjoy.

"I know where's she's going to be tonight!" Natasha yelled out, as she ran into the common room.

"You mean Siren?" Bucky asked. His ears pricking up, at the sound of Natasha's words. He and the rest of the team hoping that it wouldn't be long before one of them got word on the missing (Y/n).

"Yeah, she'll be singing at a club downtown. I knew that she would often go down there, I just didn't know that she actually sang there. Supposedly, it's one of the hottest places in the town when she's performing. It's usually booked up weeks in advance, but I managed to get us a table. And it's all on Stark's tab." Natasha explained, as she sat down with the others. The Widow looking proud of herself, as she and the rest of the team continued to ignore Tony. All of them knowing if it wasn't for the fact that the great Iron Man didn't appear to be able to keep his dick from jumping into every braindead bimbo that came along, (Y/n) wouldn't have disappeared for the last few months. Tony shifting uncomfortably in his seat as Bucky turned and glared at him.

Ok. Tony had to admit that he had done it again. He had put his big fat foot in it, and ruined everything, as always. Once more, he had taken the love of a good woman, and trampled on it. Taken a golden heart and broken it. The billionaire not sure why he kept doing those things. His actions, he knew, hurt him as much as it hurt everyone else. It was as if he had a death wish. That as soon as he felt happy and comfortable with someone, a part of his mind went into self-destruct mode, and screwed everything up. As if he couldn't handle being loved. And what was worse, was that (Y/n) truly hadn't deserved his actions. She had already been through enough in her life, with being a mutant. So, the last thing that she needed was him, hurting her, like so many others had before.

Like her friend, Banshee, who had the ability to create high-powered sonic waves with his voice. (Y/n)'s voice could actually be deadly, in more respects than one. The other mutants had always called her 'Siren' after the mythological creatures that were famed for luring sailors to their death's with only the power and beauty of their voices. (Y/n) also having the ability to charm and lure anyone with only a few notes. Drawing any foe to her, so that the others could then deal with them. Yet at the right frequency and pitch, her voice could be as deadly as it was beautiful. The ear splitting sound not only able to break things like glass, but also cause her victims brains to vibrate with such ferocity inside their skulls, that death was almost instantaneous. An ability that the team had quickly learned that they had to protect themselves against.

"Well, I don't know about the rest of you. But I have to get home and get changed. Its not every day that I get a night out, on lover boys' money. So, I'm gonna make the most of it." Scott chuckled, as he got to his feet. The rest of the team agreeing that they would all need some time to get ready, and that it would be best to meet at the club later that evening. Not a single one of them caring if Tony accompanied them. The group slowly disappearing and leaving the billionaire alone. Tony knowing that if this was going to cost him, then he was going along too. Hoping that it might actually give him a chance to try and win (Y/n) back. Or at the least, apologise.

                                                                 >>----------------------------<<

As seemingly the entire Avengers entourage arrived at the venue, they found a huge line of a people, as desperate to get in and see (Y/n) as they all were. Their happy chatter about what they were going to see, making it impossible for Tony not to listen, as they waited for security to show them inside.

"Wait until you see her, you won't believe it. She's more beautiful in person, and that body, damn. What I wouldn't give to get to know her better. I still can't believe that dumb, rich asshole, Tony Stark, screwed around on her. I can't believe that she ever got mixed up with him in the first place. Everyone knows of his reputation." Tony heard. His eyes growing dark as he listened to the man talk to his friend next to him. The billionaire feeling his hands ball up into fists ready to hit the guy, and anyone else that thought that they had the right to say anything about what had happened. But before he could strike, he felt a hand on his arm.

"Not here and not now Tony!" Natasha whispered into his ear.

"We are here to see (Y/n), and hopefully talk her into coming home. So don't screw things up any more than you already have. And that guy's right, you are a dumb, rich asshole." The Widow added, as she grabbed his shoulder and pushed him into the venue. Security escorting the team to the VIP section.

Patiently, the team sat at a large table. The venue was huge and packed with patrons that were all waiting for the woman they had come to see. A feeling of excitement and anticipation filling the air, as every last space was filled with a body.

Suddenly the venue was plunged into darkness and the crowd fell silent. A single spotlight appearing, dramatically at the front of the stage, as a well-dressed man stepped into it, receiving a round of applause. The cheer slowly dying down as he held his hands up to quiet the audience.

"Ok guys, we all know you ain't here to see me. But first, I'd like to welcome you all the Dark Room. And now, I'd like to introduce the woman you've really come to see. Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to present to you, the one and only, our very own SIREN!" The man declared with a flourish. The team clapping, whistling and cheering along with the rest of the crowd, as the spotlight fell onto the middle of the stage and the lone microphone. The curtain opening to reveal a large band waiting to strike up. Then another, more cacophonous cheer rang out, as the woman they had been waiting for, sauntered onto the stage. The team unable to believe their eyes, as (Y/n) appeared in a short sleek gold dress that kissed her curves, as well as shown off full cleavage perfectly, and barely covered her thighs. A dress, that as she walked, flowed like molten metal clinging delicately to her skin.

"JESUS! Will you get a load of that?' Scott spluttered, as he caught sight of (Y/n) and spat out his drink.

"Has (Y/n) always looked like that, or did I miss something?" Scott joked, as he finally recovering from nearly chocking on his drink.

"Wow! I don't think I've ever seen (Y/n) in anything other than training clothes, and her uniform. We should persuade her to wear things like that more often." Bucky agreed. Not even trying to hide the broad smile that kissed his lips.

"I agree brother Barnes. Lady (Y/n) is every inch a goddess. She rivals any female in Asgard." Thor added, as he threw back yet another beer, and demanded another.

Unbeknownst to the other Avengers, one of their team sat back with his arms across his chest, listening quite intently to the conversation of the team. Chuckling to himself while looking at the stage, knowing that the woman they were all talking about, was now his, and only his. A fact that for once, made him want to thank Tony.

Suddenly the crowd fell silent, as (Y/n) spoke into the microphone.

"Well thank you so very much for such a wonderful reception. Now, those of you that have seen me perform before, may just be wondering why I'm dress in this particular way." (Y/n) began, as she did a little twirl, which elicited appreciative whistles from the crowd.

"Well, you see, I know that there is someone very special in the audience tonight. And today is our three month anniversary. It may be a short time but, I can honestly say, that it's been the happiest three months of my life. He's the sweetest, kindest, most annoying handsome pain in the ass I have ever met, yet I wouldn't change him for the world. And I must admit that I want to impress him, hence the dress. So, I know you are out there baby, and tonight is for you. A thank you for showing me that there are good guys left in this world." (Y/n) continued. The team looking at one another. And then at the wide eyed Tony.

"I thought I was her best friend. She's not told me anything about another guy. Anyone else know who it is?" Natasha asked, as she looked at the dumbstruck men.

"Hey Stark, you don't know who this dream guy is, do ya?" Bucky asked, nudging Steve as he saw the grimace on Tony's face. The billionaire not even able to shake his head, before the band struck up, and the venue was filled with music.