Day 9: Boobies & Babies

Start from the beginning

"What's going on?" I asked Lane.

"Mr. Jameson wants to talk to all of us as sort of like a 'halfway check-up' or something." He said, walking into the room.

It was a lecture hall and Mr. Jameson was standing in the front of the room, talking to a few students. Lane and I walked to the front, looking for the seats that said 'CEO'.

"Lane!"

He turned to see his friend Kurt waving at him with a couple of his friends.

"Oh hey!" He waved back at them before turning to me. "I'm gonna go talk to Kurt for a minute." He said.

I nodded, going over to our seats without him. On the way there I passed by Damien who was pestering Mr. Jameson.

"Mr. Jameson, it's been terrible and it's almost over, can I please be paired with a girl? Just for the last week?" Damien begged.

Are we still on this?

Mr. Jameson rubbed his temples, a frustrated look on his face. "Mr. Samuels-"

"Just think about it!"

Mr. Jameson took a deep breath. "Ask me one more time and I will fail you." He said.

"Bu-"

"Go ahead." Mr. Jameson said.

Damien's mouth was half open and he looked like he wanted to say something, but he paused.

"Go ahead Mr. Samuels, keep playing around." Mr. Jameson said again.

Damien scowled, closing his mouth slowly.

Mr. Jameson nodded. "Good." He said, "Now go find your seat."

Damien clenched his jaw, but turned around and trudged over to where Phillip and a few other were sitting.

"Is he still upset about that?" Lane asked, sitting down next to me.

I shrugged. "I swear sometimes I think he's five."

"Yeah, I heard him talking about it on the bus ride here, but I thought it would die down in a few hours, I mean him and Phillip are friends, right?"

I sighed. "I don't even know, what's going on with them, I haven't talked to Phillip since the beginning of the project, and Damien's annoying, so I try to avoid him...besides, we only have five days left."

Lane didn't say anything, he just looked away to the front of the room.

"Hey, cheer up, you'll still see me at graduation." I said, punching him arm lightly.

"What about afterwards?" He asked. "Will we still see each other?"

Now I looked away from him, not knowing what to say to him.

I like Lane a lot, but I don't have any space in my life for a relationship. This...thing that we're doing will have to end when the project is over, because I just can't handle this and everything else in my life.

"...The presentation's starting." I said, not looking at him.

I could feel him tense up beside me, but I ignored it, not wanting to face the situation.

"Hello students." Mr. Jameson said, walking on stage. "I see that you have all landed an array of jobs, from Communications Managers to Chief Janitor."

"Whoo!"

Mr. Jameson chuckled, waving to the back of the room where Katie, who was the Chief Janitor sat. "Hello Miss Maynor." He said.