Chapter 15 : Disaster And Impending Doom

Chapter 15 : Disaster and impending doom.

"This isn't a good idea." I breathed for the twentieth time as Bellamy kissed me.

"Can't you shut up for two seconds?" He said, pulling back with a small smile.

"You'd have thought so, wouldn't you?" I smirked back, running a hand through his messy hair.

He laughed, "so remind me again why this isn't a good idea?"

"We've barely been down here two seconds." I said, "I mean I'd rather not be a typical hormonal teenage just because I was locked up for nearly two years."

"Long time." He said.

"Damn right it is." I grumbled, pulling myself away from Bellamy. "If this was in any other circumstances, I would demand you take me on a date. But we happen to be stuck in a camp, so..." I trailed off, trying to think of a way to get out of this weird thing I had going on with Bellamy.

"So?" Bellamy asked, his eyebrows raised. He was staring at me with this annoying expression on his face, I wasn't sure if I wanted to slap him or kiss him again.

"Why did you kiss me?" I asked curiously, sitting down on his bed.

"I need a reason?"

I sighed, "yes Bellamy. You need a reason. I mean, do you like me or what?"

"Or what, what?" Bellamy looked at me with a puzzled expression. "Rae what are you even saying?"

"This goes no further." I decided finally. "If you want it to, then you have to prove that it's not just some thing, cause I don't think I'm okay with that. And if it was just a thing, then just forget it. Forget this whole thing ever happened and keep treating me like you were before."

Bellamy just stared at me for a few minutes and then nodded.

"Good." I said, not entirely sure what his nod meant. "You need to sleep, and I need to get a check up. I'll see you later."

I pushed my out of his tent and took in a deep breath.

What the fuck had just happened?

I tried to shake the feel of Bellamy's hands on my body away, and began my search for Clarke.

I found her in the drop ship, tending to Jasper, who still hadn't bothered to grace us with his presence.

"Hey." Clarke smiled at me, "how are you feeling?"

"Weird." I said without thinking.

Clarke raised an eyebrow, "weird?"

Oh.

"Um, well yeah. That doesn't matter." I said trying to prevent my face from turning an intricate shade of red. "My wrist still kinda hurts, and my legs are a bit shaky. But apart from that I'm fine."

"That's good." She replied, "hey come over here so I can fix your splint."

I held out my wrist and moved forward, watching carefully as Clarke unraveled the bandage around my aching wrist. My eyes widened as I took in my puffy bruised skin.

"Damn." I whistled, lifting my left hand to poke it. Clarke slapped my hand away and frowned.

"You'll make it worse if you keep touching it." She said, flexing my fingers.

"You're touching it." I pointed out, allowing the corners of my mouth to lift into an easy smile.

Clarke looked up at me and tried to give me a stern look which promptly backfired when she smiled back at me.