twenty three

A/N: Pool scene!

        While Midoryia lifts a handheld weight, he goes deep into thought.

        Now that our intense first semester at U.A. High is over, me and my classmates are out for summer vacation. That doesn't mean we have time to relax. We've got a training camp in the woods coming up, and I want to be as prepared as possible.

        He sighs, and turns on his favorite video of AllMight.

        "Who is he? The guy's already saved a hundred people at least and it hasn't even been ten minutes?" A guy with bruises on his face asks. "This is- this is crazy! I can't believe it!"

        AllMight appears on screen, carrying at least 10 people.

        "Look! He's got more!"

        "Fear not citizens!" AllMight says. "Hope has arrived! It's 'cause I am here!"

        "Thanks, AllMight," he whispers. Midoryia looks down at his scarred right hand. There are times I still can't believe this is my life, that the number one hero in the world chose to pass his quirk, One For All, onto me.

        Ding dong. He turns around. "Hm?"

       Opening the front door, Midoryia comes face to face with Kaminari and Mineta smiling.

        "Mineta, Kaminari, hey!"

        "Heyo, Midoriya!" Kaminari says, grinning and waving.

        "Come to the pool with us!" Mineta says.

        "The pool?" Midoryia asks.

        "Yeah," Kaminari starts. "Some fun before the training."

        Mineta gives a thumbs up and winks. "We'll get in some solid laps!"

        Midoryia blinks a couple of times.

        Aizawa is explaining class 1A's quirks to Class 1B's home room teacher, Vlad King, when Mineta, Midoryia and Kaminari come into the teacher work room.

        "Excuse us," Mineta says.

        "Yes?" Vlad asks. "What is it?"

        "Sorry to interrupt," Kaminari says. "We were wondering about the form we turned in a few days ago about the pool."

        "Oh," Aizawa says. "The school has granted you permission."

        The three boys smile, Kaminari having the biggest grin.

        "You're allowed to use the pool until 5pm," Aizawa explains.

        "Thanks!" Kaminari chirps and bows, Mineta and Midoriya following suit.

        "You won't regret this, sir!" Mineta says.

        "You said you wanted to use the pool for endurance training, correct? Make the time count."

        "Right!" The three of them say.

        "So, we're using the pool to improve our stamina. That's a great idea, Mineta," Midoryia says as the three boys change in the school locker room. "Plus, if we're at school, we can use our quirks! It'll be the perfect way to train!"

        Kaminari and Mineta laugh.

        "Just what you'd expect from us heroes," Kaminari says smugly.