Clay returned a while later, not looking at George as he said, "My boss just called. I gotta go— write an article."

"Okay," George said slowly. He walked up to Clay and planted a soft kiss on his lips. Clay leaned into his touch for a moment before pulling back.

He grabbed his things and opened the door. "See you around, George."

"Make sure you—" George was cut off buy the door closing. He finished his sentence quietly, "...text me."

George turned around to his apartment and sighed, wrapping his arms around himself.

Why was it now so much more lonely?

~

Monday at the station passed quickly and soon George was at the pub, water in hand.

He took a long sip of the cool water and sighed. Clay hadn't texted him yet and George had just sent him a simple, 'How are you?'

There was no response yet. Part of George wanted to stay at the pub until he got an answer. Karl gave him his fries and George was set, staring blankly at the tv on the wall.

There was a newscaster reporting on Sapnap's newest murder which had happened earlier that morning. George remembered Zak being swamped with work.

Dream hadn't killed in a while, no sign of him in the last six days. It was unusual, but George wasn't complaining.

He glanced to his side as someone sat next to him. His hopes fell when it was a raven-haired man with a bandana instead of Clay.

The man turned to look at George and chuckled softly. George merely blinked and asked, "Can I help you?"

"Well, actually—" the man paused as Karl walked to him to ask his order. "Hello there."

Karl smiled his customer smile and asked, "Did you want a drink? Or maybe some food?"

"No, thank you, I'm just waiting for my friend."

Karl nodded and left. The man next to him whistled at Karl's retreating figure. George ignored him and ate a French fry.

"What do you think of that?" the man asked George, pointing at the tv on the other side of the pub.

George turned and cranes his neck, seeing a basketball game on. He turned back and shrugged. "I'm not much of a basketball fan."

"Yeah," the stranger agreed, "too much work in my opinion. I hate being sweaty."

George nodded, uninterested in the conversation. He took a sip of his water and his eyes widened as he set his water down. A trace of drugs hit his nose and he turned to the man next to him.

"What did you..." George trailed off as he felt his muscles involuntarily relax and his brain get foggy.

He fell forward onto the man. The stranger lifted him up, acting like George was drunk. He chuckled and teased, "Rookie mistake, Detective."

George felt his phone buzz in his pocket just before he passed out.

~

George awoke, his head snapping up. He looked around wildly and his breathing quickened.

He was sat on a wooden chair with his hands tied behind him. His ankles were also bound as well.

George realized that he had been kidnapped, but by who? The man wasn't Dream because he had seen Dream's hair before.