6

The next day in the station was busy with people.

George had driven the kid to the station and got his name and parents' phone numbers. The boy was now in a questioning room getting asked about his encounter with Dream.

George had already gone through all his questioning. He told them everything— from the flip phone to the flash drive.

Spirits were lowered when it was made know that the data on Dream's fingerprint was gone. Although, everyone understood why George did what he did— he saved the kid. Tom Simons was his name and he was quite the character.

George told his coworkers about the alley and how he shot Dream. A field team went over immediately and found the ashes of the files in the metal bin, but there was no trace of blood. It had all been erased in the rain.

George rubbed his eyes; he had been up all night and it was now nine in the morning. Jack had given him his coffee ten minutes earlier so George was starting to feel it slowly kick in.

"George," Jack said, bringing George to the present, "Technoblade would like to talk to you."

George blinked slowly and grumbled, "Alright, thanks Jack."

He walked to his supervisor's office and entered the room, taking the seat in front of Techno's desk.

"How are you doing today George?" Techno asked after a moment.

"I can't say that I'm not tired," George admitted.

Techno nodded. "I wanted to talk with you about the Dream Case... You made the right decision last night by saving the kid. I'm glad you got a shot off of him. We now have units looking for a tall man of your description with a wounded left arm."

"Did the kid, Tommy, say anything more about him?"

"Oh yeah, he's got many words for Dream." Techno breathed out a small laugh. "He's trying to convince whoever he can talk to to let him intern here. He wants to work on the Dream Case."

"Really?" George thought for a moment. "I could take an intern. Jack is my assistant and we both could show him the ropes if he's seriously considering a career in criminology. He's seventeen, right? I know he's young, but he received the proper schooling in England before his family moved here."

Techno nodded. "If it's something you're up for. We have a lot of students coming here and asking to work in Dream's case, but if you're offering and you seriously want to take on an intern, I will let you."

"Yeah, I mean, Tommy had the spirit last night. I'm sure he would be a needed addition to the team— we need some energy on this case. People are starting to lose more hope."

George rubbed his eyes and Techno sighed. His supervisor said, "I agree... On another note, I would like to speak to you about Dream himself."

George waited for Techno to continue and he did, "I've noticed— and so has everyone else— that Dream seems to have taken on a more flirtatious personality since you became the detective on this case."

George cleared his throat awkwardly and Technoblade asked, "Do you know why?"

"No," George muttered. He looked to his hands and added, "I do agree though. He has been... forward in his actions and I don't know why he didn't kill me when he had the chance."

"I'm assuming it's because he has taken a liking to you. I think we can use that to our advantage."

George nodded slowly. Techno said, "But for now, I'm giving you the day off. Go home, George, and get some rest. I'll see you tomorrow."