Sean rolled his eyes, chuckling to himself.

"You say that every time! God, Mark! You're so caught up in this that you don't see the problem!" He jabbed a finger at my chest.

"I know what I'm doing this time!" I said back.

"No, you don't! You don't know! You don't get to put him in a situation like this without him even knowing!"

"Why are you acting like this is your problem! I'm the one with the demon! You aren't part of this, so stop acting like it!"

"Not part of it?" Sean laughed bitterly.

"Do you need me to remind you what happened last time you were in 'control' of it? He almost killed her! He took control and nearly killed her!"

I flinched at that, backing up slightly.

"I am a part of this because I'm the only reason she's still alive! I was the one who found her, bleeding out in the kitchen. I was the one who helped you get back in control. I am a part of this." Sean said, poison coming out of every word. He was practically glitching with anger.

"You need to fix this, Mark..before it's too late." Sean said, walking past me and down the stairs.

I heard Ethan let out a cheery "Bye Sean!" Before the front door closed.

I looked down at my hands, clenching them back once I saw how shakey they were.

I let a shaking breath, sitting on my bed with my head in my hands.

Though it rarely happened, whenever Sean brought up what happened in my last serious relationship, it always messed with me for a bit.

"Mark?"

I looked up, seeing Ethan at the door.

I wiped my eyes and looked up at him.

"..are you okay?" He asked in a soft tone.

"Yeah, I'm just.." I let my voice trail off, not even trying to think of a lie.

It was quiet for a second. Ethan was probably trying to think of something to say.

"What'd you need?" I asked him.

He hesitated, probably wanting to push on.

"I..I was just going to apologize for sleeping on you last night..but-"

"You don't have to apologize for that, Ethan. It was actually kinda cute." I said, smiling at him.

Ethan's pov

I let out a small squeak of shock, feeling my face heat up.

"Oh, God.." I said to myself, covering my face and laughing slightly.

"Too forward?" Mark asked. I could practically hear the smirk on his face.

I opened my mouth to answer, but I was cut off by my phone alarm going off.

"Oh shit! I'm late!"

^^^ Ethan's pov

"It was so embarrassing! I didn't even know I could squeak." I said, groaning and putting my face in my hands.

Rose had stopped by to see me at my lunch break. She didn't do it very often, but I convinced her to come today because I needed to rant.

Rose laughed, "I'm sure it wasn't that bad. He probably didn't even hear it."

"Oh no, he heard it alright. I'm absolutely mortified. I'm just going to shrivel up and die."

She rolled her eyes playfully at me.

"So back to the original story?" She reminded me.

"Oh, yeah. Okay so basically I could hear Mark and Sean arguing in Mark's room. This time I know it wasn't about Cloak because they were clearly talking about a person. Then all of a sudden Sean storms out the house." I explained to her.

"Sounds very sketch.", She said, stroking her imaginary beard.

"Who do you think they were talking about?" She questioned.

"I don't know. I don't know any of Mark's friends, just Sean."

"Maybe you should ask him? You know all this weird stuff- why don't you just ask him about it?"

"Because it's none of my business! And it'll make me sound like an obsessed freak." I explained.

"If it has to do with the house or you, then it is your business and you deserve to know." Rose pointed out.

"..maybe. I really don't want to ask him just yet."

Maybe Rose was right? If it did have to do with me, then I deserved to know..but then again if it's about me then Mark would tell me.

Wouldn't he?