𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑅𝑇𝑌

Start from the beginning

Not long after, Lily could see the familiar house that belonged to her second family.

Jasper climbed out of the drivers seat  and opened the door for Alice. Alice then rounded around the vehicle and opened the door for their third mate.

Jasper and Alice clasped both Lilian's hands before they advanced towards the house.

The throuple held each other's hands, tightly as they walked through the doors of the beautiful house, Edward, Bella, Rosalie, and Emmett following close behind.

The three lovers entered the houses threshold, only to be met with a certain dark-skinned nomad.

Jasper and Alice were quick to get into a defensive stance at the sight of the nomad. Alice gently pushed Lily behind the two as Rosalie, Edward, and Emmett rushed to the front— also in a protective and protective stance.

The vampires found themselves crouching protectively in front of the Swan twins, snarling at the rogue vampire in front of them.

"Wait!" Carlisle called out, putting a single hand up to stop his family from advancing toward Laurent.

"He came to warn us about James." Carlisle quickly added, nodding toward Laurent who had his hands up, showing that he meant no harm.

"This isn't my fight, and I've grown tired of his and Victoria's games, but he's got unparalleled senses, absolutely lethal. I've never seen anything like him in my three-hundred years."

Lily narrowed her eyes at Laurent, not sure whether to believe him or not.

For all she could know it could be a trap. He gets them to trust him and then stabs them all in the back. She didn't know him so it was safe to assume the second option was the best one. Plus it was completely natural to think so.

Lily found herself moving to the middle, knowing better than being in the front. She didn't like the idea of seeming weak or defenseless but she didn't know if she could fare against a vampire just yet. While she had been training or practicing, she didn't know how to control her abilities let alone the extent of them and how they would do against the cold ones.

It goes without saying that she's grateful and absolutely loves the Cullen's protective antics. That's something she would never take for granted.

"And the woman?" Lily asked, "Veronica— err Vicky?"

"Victoria." Laurent corrected.

"Same thing." Lily shrugged, before she stared at him sternly. "Now answer the question."

Laurent made no move to answer but instead noted how everyone in the room stood protectively around her, like royal guards would do their queen. He barely noticed Bella in the back, who was being held by Edward, protectively but he did nonetheless.

"You heard her." Rosalie sneered, taking a threatening step forward only to be stopped by Lily lazily raising her hand, symboling to stop.

Rosalie looked down at her hand and instantly stopped but not before glaring at Laurent.