Prologue

Nala's P.O.V 

Albernon 

I was sitting there on that soft plush chair as the maids did my hair and make-up trying to make me look as presentable as possible for a man that I would be marrying in a matter of hours but to me it seemed liked minutes. They poked and prodded me making sure everything looked just right. I kept my view focused on the Albernon sunset, watching as the green and blues bleed into each other. When finished with their task, they left the room locking the door on their way out and heading to who knows where, probably to continue preparing for the wedding, although to me it felt like moving from one prison to another. I looked up after hearing a knock at the door hunching my back and looking down afraid that my father would be the one to walk in. hearing a gasp coming from the direction of the door i make the mistake of looking up at the door only to see the one who birthed me, my mother.

Watching as she tisks and shakes her curly red hair as she looks at me with   those cold dark green eyes as she walks towards me. I immediately cast my eyes down to the floor as she makes her way to me with slow, purposefull graceful steps as if she was going in for the kill. I flinch as she grabs my arm tightly using her wolf's strength causing me to wince at the pressure. I can almost feel the smirk on her lips at my reaction. She drags me over to the closet that probably has the dress in it, letting go so she can open the door to retrieve it. I dont bother moving as she comes over to help me into the dress, zipping it up and stepping back to look at me, sighing as she does so. She leaves the room not bothering to say goodbye and me not bothering to say anything to her as well. I stand in the middle of the room looking around at the beauty of it. It was mine at one point in time but when my powers disappeared they forced me out of it and into the tower where I resided up until today. The only reason I was put in this room was to help keep up the pretense that I am treated well and that they are this exceptionally perfect and loving family. It was at that moment everything changed, I went from being loved to having nothing and  being reduced to wearing rags for clothing, and considered the outcast. the only reason that im getting married is because of a treaty that my father needs to make with the vampires. I dont expect to be treated any better than i am here.

From what Ive heard theyre much worse than the wolves. i look to were the mirrior is and back towards the door wishing that I could escape but knowing that i cant because as soon as i try to step outside those doors theyd know about it. Instead i look towards the mirrior resigning that maybe it wouldnt be so bad to have one glimpse at myself before im reduced to being another mans slave. With hesitant steps i make my way towards the mirror i turn around at the last second as i stand in front of it fear getting the best of me for a moment before i take a deep breath and slowly turn around and look at myself for the first time in 17 years. I stand there in shock looking at myself with bated breath as i look at the woman in the mirror.this woman has  deep blue eyes, with startling red hair, and a complexion of creamy skin minus the scars which are mostly hidden by the dress and the makeup that was used earlier. This girl didnt look like me no she looked like a complete stranger wearing a wedding dress that made everyone of her flaws stand out. I walked away from the mirrior, sitting down near the open window looking out to the night sky as i heard the door open. I didnt even bother to look knowing exactly who it was as i could feel that demanding aura standing just behind me he radiated a mixture of danger, fear, hatred and pain.

How could this man that is supposed to love me, teach me right from wrong walk me down the aisle, how can this man im supposed to call my father hate me so much. i decided to not use my powers. i stand up from the seat near the mirror not daring to look at him as he grabs my arm and draggs me over to the door. I dont flinch cause i know if I do it will only make things worse. We walk out the door and to a set of double doors almost as tall as my father himself. He uses his hand to push the door open and they swing open effortlessly.