0. Beginning of the end

After I was bit and changed, and rattled up smashing some expressionless faces, I started scourging the grounds for my small niece. I recalled snapping after what was left of my brother in the flame of remnants of feelings. But I found her not.

Angry, I kept searching. Not knowing was worse than hurtful answer.

That very same day I remembered warm body smack my leg. I looked down. My dog's eyes were wide with fear as she watched the zombies always approach her. Blood was dripping from the rest of her tail. I suppressed the saliva with teeth. Sure in my control, I bowed down and she jumped into my arms, leaning closely with trust and relief. The brain pulled itself free from my grasp. It flickered and turned off. She whined in pain as I gnawed onto her throat.

Lilly is better off without you, my memory said then.

My hunger disagreed.

The ceiling shook as the helicopters passed over us. They just stood, almost motionless, their eyes bluntly stared to place where I stood. It has been years since I talked to someone outside my head.

I have heard of many things that can turn you into a freak. Inability to have a satisfying conversation must be added into the list.

My eyes have stopped on a few faces. I considered my family to be dead. It made little difference to me whether they were slowly eaten away by worms or hopping around in a monkey like manner.

About Lilly, I knew nothing.

As the time passed, the only reaction the thought of her sourced was that my mouth watered excessively. Noted: Quality of emotional ties seems to be rapidly decreasing with the time progressing.