eight

T A EH Y U N G

"So...how's life going?" sana asked, breaking the unknown silence.

"Uhm, it's not that bad though. I...I'm currently married to someone" she took a quick glance at me and then back at her. 

"Married? to someone?"

"It's actually an arranged marriage" 

Sana then looked at me."Oh, I see" she nodded.

"How about you? it's been a long time since we've seen each other. Any special someone?" 

I saw how her mood suddenly went down after Nayeon asked her. She really loves him that much that she doesn't wanna let go.

"I...I'm supposed to be married to someone...but he didn't show up." she sighed. Tears are about to fall down.

Nayeon immediately caressed her back "Maybe he didn't love me as much as I love him... M..maybe I wasn't enough," she said in between her sobs.

It's hard seeing her cry like this. If only I knew she'd go back to Japan and leave me, I could've stopped her. If only I was the one with her for all that time. If only she didn't meet him, she won't be in too much pain.

But I was late.

I'm such a jerk.

"I'm sorry I'm late, the traffic was--" a voice interrupted. We all turn our heads in unison.

"J...jin?" and without hesitation, she stood up and hugged him.

He turned his gaze towards us, with his 'why is she here?' look. We both shrug our shoulders at him, also don't know why.

"I missed you so much, where have you been all this time? w...why did you leave me?" her tears keep on flowing.

Jin sighed.

                                                          S A N A

"Tell me, w...why did you leave me?" I asked, my tears started to fall.

"S...sana, I think it's time for you to know"

I creased my brows. "Know what?" I looked at taehyung and nayeon shrugging their shoulders as if trying to mind their own business.

"Sana..."

"What? Jin, please tell me"

"I...I'm married to someone else"

Did I just hear it right? H...he's married to someone else?

"Who? Just tell me already! I'm sick and tired of everything!" I shouted which caught the attention of some people.

"N...nayeon" he uttered, my tears shed unstoppable.

He's married to Nayeon? Since when? Why didn't he tell me? Am I that easy to be played with? Or maybe I'm just too dumb to think that he felt the same thing as I feel for him, then be in pain in the end.

"I hate you!!" I shouted and rushed outside the café.

I can't.

I just feel so stupid!

I kept on stomping my feet but then someone grabbed my arms. "Sana! Please wait, I can explain everything"

"Explain?? Explain what?? You've already done enough!"

"Please listen to me first..."

"Listen?! Well, I'm done with all your shits!"

"Sana, please, calm down," he says as he tried to caress both of my shoulders. I was too weak to jerk his hands off me so I didn't try to move.

"Please, j..just stay away from me. After all, you didn't even love me" I wiped my tears off.

"Sana, we we're arranged by our parents and I was late to know that our wedding will happen as the exact date of ours. I.. I didn't know what to do, so I sent you the wrong address. I swear, I tried to stop them but I was too late..."

"and all the perfect weddings I've been dreamed of will be ruined because of that? Because of a stupid arrange marriage, your parents planned? That's it? You didn't even try your best.."

"Sana, I did but.."

"But what? Nothing...if you loved me you would've never agreed"

"Sana, I loved you"

"Yeah, another lie. Jin do you think I'm stupid enough to believe in you? If you loved me you would never hesitate to choose me if you loved me you could've told your parents that you'll marry me... but you didn't"

"Sana, you know how much I love you, how much I want to be with you. It's just that I don't think our relationship will work out just the way we wanted it to be."

"And that's why you choose her?... Tch... impressive. Thanks for making me feel dumb. I tried my best to be the perfect girl for you but it was useless. You know what? That exact wedding day you left me in the altar with another guy, I feel so foolish, I feel so stupid. I cried for days and tried to search for you but it was also useless... like how I feel for you."
"And who was there for me all that time?... a stranger, a stranger who helped me escape that wedding. A stranger who made me feel that I'm loved...even if I didn't know him, he made me feel like he knows me well, that he'd be there whenever I want. What about you? You're nothing like him... It seems like you don't deserve my love after all"

                                                T H I R D P E R S O N

Sana left the scene they made. She didn't know all her efforts will go like a wind passing by. Pain and anger were left inside her after the whole confession. Now that she knows, she doesn't wanna interact with someone else in the meantime though she wished that someone would be there to cry with her.

Burst all the pain inside, but it seems impossible.

She loved him too much to the point that she was too desperate to be with him again, but sadly all of that was like trash.

It's hard to forgive,

And it's also hard to forget.

***

After sana went out and jin also went to chase her, the two was left inside, only to witness everything on the glass pane inside the café. Nayeon felt guilty and also thought that she had caused big trouble in their friendship. It was the first time to see Sana shout that loud. Her voice is supposed to be very calm and sweet, but she's also scary when she's angry.

She wanted to go and apologize for everything but what she'd seen was enough for that night. She doesn't want sana's anger to get worse so maybe she could do that at the time she cools off.

Taehyung also wanted to go out but nayeon had stopped him before he could. If it's easy for him to accept things then it's the opposite for her. He knew how much she loved Jin for a long time and he didn't wanna ruin that, but seeing her be in pain because of someone she loved? It's too much to handle.

He knew for sure that he loves her more than before but still he doesn't wanna rush things for her, especially now that she's been in deep pain. He wished he could do something to help things doze off, maybe try and talk things out and comfort would do, but maybe he should let her be, for the meantime.

It's hard to accept reality, yet it's also hard to be In fantasy.