Chapter 5: Starting Point

Just a quick heads up before this chapter begins, this story will end right after the Shibuya Incident arc occurs. After that, I'll be writing a part two to this story that will have Devil May Cry inspired elements in it and will cover where the Shibuya Incident arc ended and onward. Anyways, on with the chapter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June, 2010

Japan, Tokyo (Aizawa Residence)

At nine in the morning on the twenty ninth of June, Denki Kaminari woke up, got up from his bed, and ran down the hallway to his house until he was in front of Shota's room. Once he opened the door and went inside, Denki went over to Shota's bed and began shaking his sleeping guardian.

"Shota, wake up! It's my birthday today!," Denki announced excitedly.

Shota grunted in response before turning to the wall.

"Come on, get up! I want to spend the whole day with you!," Denki told Shota as Denki grabbed him by the arm and tried to pull Shota out of bed.

Knowing that he wasn't going to get any more sleep, Shota conceited and sat up on his bed.

"Alright, I'm up," Shota grumbled in a tired voice before a small smile appeared on his face. "Happy birthday, problem child."

"Hey!," Denki pouted, not liking being called a problem child.

Ignoring the dirty look that Denki was giving him, Shota got up from his bed and walked towards his closet.

"I've got a gift for you," Shota revealed, causing Denki to get excited.

"A gift?! What is it?!," Denki asked, curious as to what kind of gift his father figure had gotten for him.

"Let me show you," Shota replied as he opened the door to his closet and pulled out something that was long, slender, and was inside of a slim black case.

When Shota opened up the black case, Denki looked inside and saw a katana with black wrappings wrapped around the hilt.

"You got me a sword?!," Denki exclaimed.

Shota nodded in confirmation, "This was the first sword I used when I started out as a Jujutsu sorcerer. My father had it forged for me and helped train me to use it, but I outgrew it, so it seemed logical that I give it to you so you can use it."

Denki was overjoyed that Shota would give him his old sword.

"Thank you, Sho," Denki told Shota as he smiled gratefully.

"You're welcome," Shota responded. "However, there are some conditions for using this sword that you have to abide by."

"Conditions?," Denki questioned.

"There are rules that come with using this sword," Shota clarified. "The first rule is that you cannot use it without my permission."

"Okay," Denki agreed.

"The second rule is that you cannot use it without someone watching over you."

"Okay," Denki repeated.

"The third rule is that you cannot treat it like a toy. This is not like your kendo sword, it is a dangerous weapon that could severely injure you, so you have to be extremely careful," Shota warned.

"Okay," Denki repeated in an uneasy tone.

"The final rule is that if you ever have to fight off a curse, you have to make sure that you never let go of your sword," Shota finished in a much more serious tone than before.